Adjustable Trigger? Don't Think So

PDA

WoodchuckAssassin
January 22, 2013, 04:38 PM
This is a spin-off of another thread of mine. I found the tool to chance the Pull Weight on my Ruger m77 (a very tiny Star-Head), but it didn't change ANYTHING! Even after I removed the screw completely, the trigger pull was still over 5 pounds. How can this be :banghead:?

Do I have any options besides a trip to the Smith? Would a lighter trigger spring solve anything?

If you enjoyed reading about "Adjustable Trigger? Don't Think So" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hoghunting
January 22, 2013, 05:10 PM
Are you sure you didn't remove the screw that adjusts overtravel?

WoodchuckAssassin
January 23, 2013, 07:44 AM
It's tough to see, but this was the exploded view I was going off of. I'm positive it was the pull weight screw - and even if it wasn't, nothing else on the pull (creep or overtravel) was affected.

http://www.gunuts.com/images/63.jpg

I'm gunna give my Smith a call and see what he can do. From what I've read, the m77 triggers are pretty easy to work with.

If you enjoyed reading about "Adjustable Trigger? Don't Think So" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!