Colt LE6920 AR-15 whats a decent price on that now?

PDA

umadcuzimstylin
January 22, 2013, 07:56 PM
Colt LE6920 AR-15 whats a descent price on that now?

Its weird it seems like the prices on AR's have dropped over $500 dollars over night on gunbroker.com; yesterday they seemed to all be going for like 22-2300 now its like 15-1600.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt LE6920 AR-15 whats a decent price on that now?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MAKster
January 22, 2013, 08:12 PM
The pre-panic price was around $1100, so the closer you can get to that price the better.

IMtheNRA
January 22, 2013, 08:17 PM
If you're willing to camp out at Walmart, they're still priced at the pre-panic level, or just under $1,100

umadcuzimstylin
January 22, 2013, 08:33 PM
How often do they get shipments at Walmart? Theres 3 Walmarts in Houston that carry it but theyre all sold out. I am willing to camp, when do they get shipments in? Daily? Weekly? Monthly? Will they get a new shipment a year from now? I dont know how that works.

taliv
January 22, 2013, 08:40 PM
around here they get marked $2000 when they go on the shelf and rarely last more than a few min

i wouldn't call that 'decent' though :)

nipprdog
January 22, 2013, 08:51 PM
now its like 15-1600.

Not!!

ttheel
January 22, 2013, 08:54 PM
A guy posted on another board that he talked to S&W the other day and that they are building thousands of AR's each day and that they advised him to not overpay to those trying to take advantage of the situation and that other manufacturers are building lots also and the market will be flooded in a few weeks. Take it for what it's worth but I will bet that by late Feb to early March that prices will be back to where they were in November.

tomrkba
January 22, 2013, 09:31 PM
Prices will return to normal. Just wait; no ban will pass. Buy a nice Garand, bolt-action hunting rifle, or that lever action rifle you've always wanted.

umadcuzimstylin
January 22, 2013, 09:31 PM
^good to know thanks.

When I said 15-1600 Im referring to AR's in general. Most Colts are $500 more.

nathan
January 22, 2013, 10:59 PM
No ban is gonna pass. Wait till March or April. No reason to worry.

sappyg
January 22, 2013, 11:03 PM
^good to know thanks.

When I said 15-1600 Im referring to AR's in general. Most Colts are $500 more.
You've answered your own question..... Sorta

breakingcontact
January 22, 2013, 11:44 PM

You trade some magpul mags for a crystal ball?

forestdavegump
January 22, 2013, 11:54 PM
Prices will return to normal. Just wait; no ban will pass. Buy a nice Garand, bolt-action hunting rifle, or that lever action rifle you've always wanted.

Barack Obama is going to become pro-gun as soon as he receives his bonus check from the gun industry. ROTFLMAO:confused::eek:

Pinch me and wake me back up then. What a nightmare I am having, it all start in Nov of 2008 and got even worse in Nov of 2012, no more sleeping in November! Probably the prescription sleep aids and psych drugs I am on.....LOL... they must have some side effects?:what:

Coal Dragger
January 22, 2013, 11:55 PM
I paid $1699.90 for a Colt LE 6920 SOCOM II at Cabela's. This rifle has the Daniel Defense RIS free float quad rail, Matech rear BUIS, and two Colt marked 30 round magazines. Also came with a sling and cleaning kit.

Figure the DD rail is probably around $395.00 and the rear sight is probably another $100 or so more or less. That should account for the extra $500.

The barrel contour is a bit different than the govt' profile as it is heavier under the fore end as the DD rail has an M203 hanger built in.

SFCRandall
January 23, 2013, 12:13 AM
Two weeks ago, at one of the busiest gun stores in the state, I stood in line behind three different individuals who were ordering Colts for $1500. They were told the wait would be around three to four months.

Cesiumsponge
January 23, 2013, 01:08 AM
$1050 at my LGS, $1100 now, though I am not sure if that's a distributor price increase. Raising it $50 is a pretty lousy attempt at gouging and I've been a long time customer. They have the lowest prices around. Guns are barely marked up.

Okiegunner
January 23, 2013, 01:16 AM
Gun show this past weekend in Oklahoma City, price was listed around (varied) $2200.00.

rgwalt
January 23, 2013, 06:17 AM
I think that stores are over estimating the wait times. Also, I've seen a lot of guns walking around at the gun shows in Houston for $1600-$1800, but not many selling at that price. Assuming nothing crazy happens in the next few months, guns will be available. Don't pay too high a premium now unless you just have to have one.

OP: no one here is likely to know the wal Mart delivery schedule, and not all wal marts will get these guns in. From what I hear, the wal marts that do carry these guns have large waiting lists of people that put guns on layaway. Call around to some Walmarts and see what they have to say, and call around to some other local gun shops. Some are selling at reasonable prices, others aren't, but these guns are just hard to come by.

rhinoh
January 25, 2013, 04:26 AM
Not even the WalMart associates in the store know when guns are coming in until they show up. Local WalMart sold 2 Colts and a Bushmaster (regular prices) within an hour of them coming in this week. I don't need another AR but have to admit if I'd have happened to be there at the right time, might have got a Colt, already have two flawless Bushmasters.

blarby
January 25, 2013, 04:29 AM
Your immortal soul.

Srsly.

breakingcontact
January 25, 2013, 07:58 AM
Assuming nothing crazy happens in the next few months, guns will be available.

Unfortunately it's only a matter of time until an evil person acts out on the craziness again. So many people have had their minds wrecked by this death obsessed culture that the likely hood of something happening again and soon is high. Just hopefully there can be a good person with a gun to meet him and stop him.

wingman
January 25, 2013, 08:32 AM

It's good to be positive however freedom is never easy so work from the premise that we will have a ban, continue pressure on your representatives and join the NRA or other firearm organization. I also thought no one was stupid enough to pass a ridiculous health care bill that would ruin our system but here we are.

CharlieDeltaJuliet
January 25, 2013, 08:50 AM
Breakingcontact is right. I have quit watching the news for that reason. Every time someone says "there was another shooting today" ,I cringe....

My Walmart gets it's firearm shipments on Monday and Tuesday. I am in a little Podunk town two days from everywhere though. As far as $1500-1600 for a Colt, that isn't too horrible. I seen them pre-panic at almost that price. It is totally up to you. I personally will not pay panic prices, just because I do not need anything else. I can only say that because I had stocked up on most things I needed.

umadcuzimstylin
January 25, 2013, 11:24 AM
Found out my local Walmart gets their guns in before 1pm. They said they got a Colt in yesterday and it lasted only 5 minutes. That could of been me! I thought about going, I could of waited a couple hours and got it. I should probably go back today and pray they get another Colt in. Does that mean they get Colts in often? or it might be a while before they get another Colt? At least people arent waiting for them there. At Academy I heard there where a dozen people waiting before it opened, only one AR came in and the guy who was waiting since 2:30am got it.

dvdcrr
January 25, 2013, 09:42 PM
You could bring over a folding chair from camping and just sit at the counter

InkEd
January 25, 2013, 11:12 PM
May as well grab a tent and sleeping bag too, so you can wait on ammo.

nwilliams
January 26, 2013, 12:23 AM
We got a couple LE6920's into our gun shop a couple days ago. We put them on the shelf at normal pre-panic prices (around $1,200) and of course they were sold within a couple hours.

Keep in mind that the MSRP of these guns is the same as it was prior to the madness. Dealers are still paying the same amount for these guns as they were before and if you see AR's selling new for more than what they were going for before then those sellers are simply price gouging. People have a right to spend their own money how they see fit but I have no respect for dealers who mark up their guns to take advantage of desperate buyers.

umadcuzimstylin
January 26, 2013, 03:03 AM
If I dont buy one at the gun show today I will be going to Walmart at 11am everyday until they get a colt in lulz. Local gun store is selling theirs for $3000.

paintballdude902
January 26, 2013, 03:10 AM
my walmart just sold 10 in one day for 1079....

umadcuzimstylin
January 26, 2013, 01:22 PM
At Walmart now and the guy says they haven't had any AR-15's in for 5 weeks when I know they had the exact one I want 2 days ago. <removed> Went to the gun show and the Colt LE 6920 was going for $3000 everywhere and all the other ones where going for $2000. It was ugly people buying $50 30 round mags which are nock off and the real ones cost $100 a piece! There wasn't even a Glock 19 Gen 4 in the place!

tarosean
January 26, 2013, 02:38 PM
OP: From what I hear, the wal marts that do carry these guns have large waiting lists of people that put guns on layaway.

Wallywold only does layaway for Christmas.
Last time I was in one they had a DPMS Oracle (?) for 6 something.. (Huntsville, TX)

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt LE6920 AR-15 whats a decent price on that now?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!