AR-7(henry survival rifle) scope mount

PDA

bigdipper
January 22, 2013, 08:49 PM
Picked one of these up this weekend at a show ive been wanting one for awhile and decided to jump on it. Im fairly happy with it it shoots pretty good but the sights are a little cheesy so i was going to put one of the scopes i have laying around on it. I went to mount it on the built in rail and the rail was about half the size of the smallest setting on the mount rings. I dont know whats up but id guess i need a special mount rings or something along those lines. If you have any experience with the rifle your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR-7(henry survival rifle) scope mount" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jim243
January 22, 2013, 08:54 PM
It is a 22 rimfire, the dove tail rail is for a 22 LR scope. You could go to Walmart and buy a set of rings for a 22 LR (1 inch rings) that should work. There are no weaver bases that are made for those rifles.

Jim

bigdipper
January 22, 2013, 08:55 PM
oh.... crap i feel dumb should have know that

enine
January 22, 2013, 09:21 PM
I measured the rail on mine and plugged in google and it says its air rifle sized, my Marlin .22 looks to be wider.

jeepnik
January 23, 2013, 05:15 PM
This one works pretty good. Has for several decades on mine.
http://www.lisc.net/p628.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "AR-7(henry survival rifle) scope mount" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!