Dillon case feeder running slow...

PDA

CLP
January 22, 2013, 09:44 PM
Anyone ever run into this problem? Removed the case plate and ensured it wasn't hanging up on anything. Basically my "low gear" (which is what I normally run it on) is running 50% the speed it normally does, and my "high gear" is running about the speed my low gear used to work. I've run about 4K various cases (mostly .223 and 45 ACP). I just got my 650 set up after moving, but that went flawless (transferred the 650 mount and all onto a 2x4 frame, then transferred to my new bench). I'm just can't see what would cause this problemo. Any tips or advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dillon case feeder running slow..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Joe I
January 22, 2013, 10:10 PM
It sounds like you're familiar enough with the setup to have checked for clutch slippage...but just to be sure...the clutch isn't slipping, is it?

CLP
January 22, 2013, 10:43 PM
mmmm...well, the clutch is properly engaged in the slotted thingy on the back of the case plate if that's what you mean....

jmorris
January 23, 2013, 12:04 AM
There are two sockethead cap screws that clamp the plastic disk to turn it. It is designed to slip as the disk cost less and is simple to replace vs the motor. Watch the disk in relation to the "black center part". If it is slipping snug down the screws until (little bit at a time) it goes the same speed as the outer disk.

rjrivero
January 23, 2013, 01:18 AM
There are two sockethead cap screws that clamp the plastic disk to turn it. It is designed to slip as the disk cost less and is simple to replace vs the motor. Watch the disk in relation to the "black center part". If it is slipping snug down the screws until (little bit at a time) it goes the same speed as the outer disk.

Then use your hand to stop the large outer disk. Make sure the clutch will slip as the outer disk is held still the inner part should keep spinning. That way you won't burn out your motor if a case gets hung up.

CLP
February 4, 2013, 02:08 AM
Update: I don't know what I did, but I lifted off the plate, visually inspected everything, replaced it, and it's running great. It was nice to get my 650 back up and running (I recently moved).

If you enjoyed reading about "Dillon case feeder running slow..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!