Response from politician

PDA

Clinton
January 23, 2013, 12:03 AM
I recently used rugers website to contact my state politicians. This is the only response I received of the 8 persons emailed.

Clinton

If you enjoyed reading about "Response from politician" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ryanxia
January 23, 2013, 12:38 PM
There is congress.org form that will send to all your politicians. I've received responses from them on that one.

Of course nothing beats the good old fashion form from the politician's own website.

Clinton
January 23, 2013, 07:18 PM
Response from Durbin
Dear Mr. Tull:*Thank you for contacting me about gun control measures in light of the shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. I appreciate hearing from you.*I share with all Americans a profound sense of sorrow at the senseless act of violence committed at Sandy Hook Elementary School. The nation mourns this event and many Americans wonder what can be done to prevent this type of tragedy in the future.*I am an original cosponsor of the Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act, which would reinstate a ban on magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The ban on multi-round magazines expired along with the federal assault weapons ban in 2004.*The majority of Americans and the majority of thoughtful gun owners and hunters agree that there must be reasonable limits on gun ownership and weapons. We must institute common-sense limits, such as barring those with a history of mental instability, those with a history of violent crime or who are subject to restraining orders, and those whose names have been placed on a terrorist watch list from owning weapons.

Clinton
January 23, 2013, 07:25 PM
Shinkus
Dear Mr. Tull:*I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for writing my office to express your concerns regarding federal gun control legislation.*My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and families affected by the horrific tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School.*I often hear that if we only had one more gun-control law on the books the Columbine tragedy could have been avoided.*While one can argue from different points of view, I think the comments by Mr. Darrell Scott, father to a victim of the Columbine attack, transcends the sound bites and intricacies of debate.*He testified with wisdom before the House Judiciary Committee on May 27, 1999--"No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months of planning this type of massacre.*The real villain lies within our own hearts."*As you may know, I strongly defend the Second Amendment and am continually concerned about the erosion of our rights.*Generally, I oppose new laws on gun control because often they are repetitive of state law.*Most importantly, however, new gun laws end up becoming a burden for the law-abiding citizens of this nation and an infringement on our Second Amendment rights.*Many citizens choose to own a firearm for a variety of reasons: for sport, for hunting, or for protection.*In my view these are all good and valid reasons.*Unfortunately in the political fightingover gun control*we often overlook*the underlying problems behind many acts of violence. For too long, we have looked the other way instead of addressing the*difficult subject*of mental health. As we respond to this recent violence, we must also take a careful look at how we can better handle mental health to help troubled individuals before they lash out.*Again, thanks for keeping me updated on your concerns regarding gun control*and violence. I will be sure to keep your concerns in mind as we have this discussion in Congress. To stay up-to-date on this and other important issues, I encourage you to follow me on Facebook (www.facebook.com/repshimkus) or Twitter (www.twitter.com/repshimkus). You can also sign up for my e-newsletter on my website (shimkus.house.gov).

Clinton

OpelBlitz
January 23, 2013, 10:39 PM
Good knowledge Clinton. I got the exact response from Sen. Durbin and a more positive response from. Rep. Randy Hultgren.

Ryanxia
January 24, 2013, 04:17 PM
That last part about not allowing people who are on the terrorist watch list to own firearms is scary indeed. I suspect we'll all end up on that list if that were the case.

If you enjoyed reading about "Response from politician" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!