MAS 49/56 Adjustable Gas System

PDA

wasrjoe
March 8, 2004, 01:00 AM
I recently acquired a MAS 49/56 - you know, one of those Century hackjobs. As I understand it, what causes the extraction problems is the fact that the gas system is made for a much lower pressure round.

Being the fix-it-yourself (foolish?) type of person I am, I decided to try and make the stock gas cutoff switch adjustable. I accomplished my goal, but with an unfortunate side-effect; the gas regulator moves a little after each round is fired.

That being said, is there anyone who sells a gas adjustment system for Mas 49/56s out there? I have searched Google, but to no avail. Thanks for you help.

If you enjoyed reading about "MAS 49/56 Adjustable Gas System" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wasrjoe
March 9, 2004, 11:15 PM
Anyone?

cabinetman
March 10, 2004, 08:14 PM
A suggestion.

Read through this article and it will provide you with a lot of information. Finally, contact Bill Toth. He'll be able to help you.

Rome

http://www.jpfo.org/masrifle.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "MAS 49/56 Adjustable Gas System" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!