What retailers are we supporting?

PDA

bodam
January 23, 2013, 01:40 PM
There are so many threads on the gougers. Can we get a decent list together of the sites that we are supporting?

Let's take into consideration, price, and customer service. I'd like a good comprehensive list of the vendors out there that are not gouging, and continue to give them our business.

Let's get a list started, and I will try to edit this post and put a list together that will be easy to follow...

Academy
Walmart
Sportsman Guide
Gander Mountain
Track of the Wolves
Buffalo Arms
SGammo.com
AIM Surplus

If you enjoyed reading about "What retailers are we supporting?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
d-dogg
January 23, 2013, 01:51 PM
Well, let's not call everyone who has raised prices a gouger. It's entirely likely their suppliers have raised prices to them, because the ammo plants are likely paying a lot of overtime right now.

Now to your question:
1. and above everyone else, WALMART! While we are keeping their shelves bare, they are supplying ammo at pre-panic prices.

2. The Sportsmans Guide - yes some prices have increased, but see my initial statement.

3. Gander Mountain - Their prices might have gone up a bit, but they are trying to keep some bulk items in stock.

4. A couple of LGS have tried, but they just don't have the buying power of Walmart.

joecil
January 23, 2013, 02:08 PM
I rarely buy ammo at Walmart as I make all my own ammo even cheaper and tuned for my guns. I mostly support local shops for some components for reloading such as primers and powder however even the local stores including Sportsman Warehouse is low on some but their prices seem to of stayed the same. SD ammo is the only ammo I buy for two guns both of which I buy from the local shops also including Buds and Centerfire Systems as both are local here. Bullets, brass etc I tend to buy on line from a list of various suppliers for bullets. Brass I usually buy from forums like this one when I see it or new in some cases. Loading supplies besides Midway for most things other than Lee products I get from either FS Reloading or Titan. Things for black powder such as lube, wads and special tools I get from either Track of the Wolves or Buffalo Arms. General gun smith tools I get from Brownells and all books from Amazon.

Grassman
January 23, 2013, 02:08 PM
Academy is great, not a significant price hike on guns or ammo. Shelves are bare just like all others. I did happen to find two 42 round .223 Pro Mags this week. I guess I got lucky, as they were all gone within the hour.

pty101
January 23, 2013, 02:57 PM
sgammo.com and AIM Surplus have kept their prices low

hso
January 24, 2013, 01:56 AM
Any retailer that has pulled out of the Eastern Outdoor Sports Show!

If you enjoyed reading about "What retailers are we supporting?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!