Who sells?

PDA

Trung Si
January 23, 2013, 05:07 PM
Slick Shot Nipples and .457 Balls?:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Who sells?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fingers McGee
January 23, 2013, 08:46 PM
Desperado Cowboy Bulets sells Slix Shot nipples http://cowboybullets.com and .457 round balls can be found at a variety of stores and internet vendors as well as your local gun store or Pawn SHop

Some sources:
Cabelas
Bass Pro
Track of the Wolf
Log Cabin Sport Shop
Graf & Sons
Midway
Dixie

Etc, etc.

wap41
January 24, 2013, 07:50 AM
I buy my round balls from a person in Iowa,you can find him on gunbroker [search for ,457 round balls] his price is reasonable and he ships in a flat rate box which is very cheap.

gunner69
January 24, 2013, 10:47 PM
That guy in Iowa lives in Spirit Lake and goes by the handle "blkpwdrsls" he is an A+ vendor on Gunbroker. I have bought .32, .36, .45, .50, .54 and blackpowder lube in bricks from him. Excellent guy to deal with. Shipping is included and if you don't see something listed email him and most likely he can make it for you at a very resonable price.

YumaKid
January 25, 2013, 12:39 AM
Hmmmmmm..... "the guy in Iowa" is 182 miles mostly north and a tiny bit east of my kid's house, down in Massena.

Yeah, but what would the TSA-types at Omaha airport say about 1500 .454 round balls and a brick of BP lube in my suitcase? :scrutiny:

(Probably ESPECIALLY about the brick of BP lube):eek:

mykeal
January 25, 2013, 09:45 AM
Nothing. The prohibition is against powder, not lead or lube.

kBob
January 25, 2013, 10:37 AM
Used the search function on GB and got nada. Used .457 round ball, .457, round ball and the name and got either no returns or none from where indicated or particularlly good prices.

Perhaps some othe POC?

-kBob

gunner69
January 25, 2013, 03:42 PM
If you are worried about the airport "folks" then remember that his prices include shipping. You are lucky to be near so you can call and make an appointment, visit his facility, scope the inventory and make a purchase. Wish I could do that.

The Gunbroker search feature doesn't work most of the time. You have to actually go through each item to find him. Look for .36 caliber Maxi-Balls with free shipping. That will get you to his area and then shop his store. I had questions about some stuff and he answered quickly and the shipment arrived in no time.

YumaKid
January 26, 2013, 12:17 AM
My major consideration would be regarding the "brick" of lube and some guy deciding that he had just stopped some redneck-lookin' terrorist with "...a hunk of some kinda Ay-rab C-4!!!!"

BTW; I'm Northern Irish by ancestry.... I couldn't pass for Middle Eastern unless there was a plausible tale of my having lived in a totally dark room for all 51 years of my life! Seriously, spending 8-10 hours under a roomful of fluorescent lights puts some color in my skin. Working outside as I do; I have two "shades". In the summer I'm "2nd Degree Burn"; this far into winter, I'm not "pasty", more like "Rigor Mortis".

Doesn't matter anyway.... Spirit Lake may be only 182 miles from Messena; but the entire State of Iowa is "a fur piece" from SW Arizona. I'll take the flat-rate shipment.

If you enjoyed reading about "Who sells?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!