New 460 XVR Owner, Need Some Leather Goods

PDA

Fanky
January 23, 2013, 06:15 PM
I just picked up my 8 3/8" XVR last week and took it to the range. I can easily say shooting it is the most fun I've ever had with my pants on :D

I'm looking at what I have for holster options. I'd prefer a right handed hip holster with a couple loops on it for extra rounds. I still haven't decided if I'm going to put any optics on it, I'd like to see what I can do with open sights first. Most everything I'm seeing for this barrel length is a shoulder rig, which I'll settle for if I have to, but I'd honestly prefer carrying it on my hip with a proper belt. If nothing is commercially available, perhaps someone could suggest a custom holster maker? Any input/opinions are appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "New 460 XVR Owner, Need Some Leather Goods" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
460Kodiak
January 23, 2013, 06:24 PM
I have a 460 V. I carry it on the hip in a Desantes holster. Carries nice, but I wear suspenders to keep my pants on.

Simply Rugged also make a nice one that has a cover flap.

If it was me, and was doing it over, I'd get the Simply Rugged.

CraigC
January 23, 2013, 06:28 PM
I don't know why more makers don't offer a good belt holster, even for such massive sixguns as the big X-frames. I don't have an X-frame but I've been carrying a 66oz 3rd model Dragoon in the field for the last three months and it ain't really a big deal.

sigep749
January 23, 2013, 06:42 PM
I'm jealous! Lets see pics. Been drooling for one for a while now.

Fanky
January 23, 2013, 10:13 PM
As requested, here's a few pictures. I've only put a few dozen rounds through it, but I love this thing so far. It's honestly very manageable to shoot, it just has a lot of muzzle blast and is really loud. My hands hurt worse after shooting the same amount of rounds with my Anaconda. I don't have any pictures of the carnage, but this thing flat-out vaporizes baby oranges with 395 grain bullets. All I could find was what looked like orange juice on the target backer after that test...

Indifferent
January 24, 2013, 09:23 AM
Orange juice. Yum.

codefour
January 24, 2013, 10:11 AM
I highly recommend a Simply Rugged holster. I have one for my 460 XVR and my Redhawk. I use their Chester Pully set up. I do not like hip carry even though I am a big guy. Mr Leahy will custom make anything you want but his pancake holsters are awesome.

If you enjoyed reading about "New 460 XVR Owner, Need Some Leather Goods" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!