Pay it Forward in Reloading

PDA

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

blarby
January 23, 2013, 07:48 PM
Ok, most of the other sub-forums have one, I thinks its high time we did.

I'll start.

Is there anyone out there who has absolutely no 55 gr FMJ in .223 who really needs them ? Not to have for stash, or to make that pile in your closet that much bigger- but someone who actually needs them and can't find any ?

Spoken for to Horsemen.

Good man, Arch- hope your store comes through !

If you enjoyed reading about "Pay it Forward in Reloading" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArchAngelCD
January 23, 2013, 10:48 PM
I ran out because I didn't have a lot to begin with. I must admit, I got caught short. I was loading for a bolt action rifle so i didn't need many but now I have an AR and all my 55gr bullets are gone but for 20. Why?

gspn
January 23, 2013, 10:56 PM
You are a good man Blarby. I'm set...I have enough ammo to get me through...just wanted to post and say good on you for doing something like this.

Hondo 60
January 24, 2013, 12:19 AM
Me too ... good on ya mate!

blarby
January 24, 2013, 01:54 AM
Arch - pm me your addy- When my check clears- I got a care pack for ya. Should be tomorrow or friday.

I dont have a ton- but we'll split my small stash.

It'll get ya at least 3 and half full size mags.

When you get 'em- if you have something someone might need- post it up and lets keep the good karma flowin.

SlowFuse
January 24, 2013, 09:31 AM
Great idea Blarby.

stubbicatt
January 24, 2013, 09:47 AM
I have 100 Armscor 55 gr. FMJ for someone who needs them...

Send PM.

Have 2 responses. Luckily have 200 bullets.

All I have left is spoken for.

LNK
January 24, 2013, 09:54 AM
I can spare about 100 .308 147gr fmjbt for someone in need. PM me.

LNK

Spoken for to 45lcshooter.....Sent 75 to 45LC and 25 to horseman....

Certaindeaf
January 24, 2013, 10:04 AM
Heh. like

Doug b
January 24, 2013, 12:29 PM
Arch got a 100 pack of cheap Rem.55gr. psp bullets or a 250 box of Nosler 55 gr.bt's I can send you.Not a lot but at least you can test that new ar for function pm me if you want them.

PCCUSNRET
January 24, 2013, 12:35 PM
I have a mixed bag of .223 brass someone can have. There is probably over 100 pieces and it has been cleaned and polished. It is mostly military brass, but I'm pretty sure the primer pocket crimps have been removed. I believe this was brass that was loaded by one of the companies that sell reloads, as most of the crimps were removed when I got the brass. I believe if you use CCI primers it should work just fine. Just PM with your mailing address and I'll try to get it out early next week.

ArchAngelCD
January 24, 2013, 01:38 PM
Arch - pm me your addy- When my check clears- I got a care pack for ya. Should be tomorrow or friday.

I dont have a ton- but we'll split my small stash.

It'll get ya at least 3 and half full size mags.

When you get 'em- if you have something someone might need- post it up and lets keep the good karma flowin.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH but I think I'll be alright if my buddy who owns a gun shop gets in what he was promised by his distributor. I really appreciate it but please give the bullets to someone who has no chance to get any.

Everyone here is right, you are a good man!

horsemen61
January 24, 2013, 01:45 PM
Blarby I could use those bullets I bought my ar 15 a week before the Conn thing and can't find ammo or bullets anywhere pm sent

horsemen61
January 24, 2013, 01:52 PM
You guys are all Great I just want to say thank you for starting this thread sadly I have no components right now but I do have a large belly band holster just pm and its yours.

raindog
January 24, 2013, 02:15 PM
I can spare 200 Remington 9.5 Large Rifle Primers. It would be very cost prohibitive to ship due to hazmat fee, though. However, if someone is in the Portland, Oregon area, PM me and I can hand off.

ArchAngelCD
January 24, 2013, 03:15 PM
Anyone who doesn't think the people on this forum are the best, they're probably not thinking clearly!

I wish I has something to send someone in need. Keep posting needs and you just might hit on something I or someone else here can spare!

PCCUSNRET
January 24, 2013, 03:22 PM
I have a mixed bag of .223 brass someone can have.

This brass is spoken for.

minnesota
January 24, 2013, 04:34 PM
Arch got a 100 pack of cheap Rem.55gr. psp bullets or a 250 box of Nosler 55 gr.bt's I can send you.Not a lot but at least you can test that new ar for function pm me if you want them.
If Arch does not want them I could use some.

horsemen61
January 24, 2013, 04:41 PM
Thank you guys I just got into reloading for my AR which I just got because my family owns a small farm and the coyotes are really trying to eat the small amount of chickens and little pigs and the cows so Its my job to keep em safe and the AR helps me do that so any help is really really appreciated thank you all for your support

armoredman
January 24, 2013, 05:12 PM
Very nice guys. :) I ran out of all .223 bullets some time ago, but managed to score one 250 round box of the 55gr Nosler BT from MidwayUSA...I'll expend many for load development, and use the rest to hunt varmint with the vz-58, preferably on camera so I can show a "scary black rifle" going hunting. The rest of my .223 will stay in the baggies, nothing to replace them with yet.
I'll look into my bunch of gear and see if there's something I could pass on to someone who needs it, but I just gave away some stuff a few days ago.:)

bds
January 24, 2013, 05:34 PM
horsemen61, I can send you some primed .223/5.56 cases (they would be full-length resized).

PM me.

horsemen61
January 24, 2013, 05:41 PM
Bds I did pm you and I just want to say thank you

dsm
January 24, 2013, 06:40 PM
I have a box of <100 Hornady 55 FMJ that I had for 20+ years! LOL

Cheetos
January 24, 2013, 06:55 PM
I don't load or shoot .223 but I do have to say that this is really awesome to offer something like this to someone! Kudos to you my friend!

orthophonic
January 24, 2013, 07:18 PM
Very kind people!!!!!!!

USSFRef
January 24, 2013, 08:04 PM
Wow. First time here and it seems like I picked a great place with awsome folks to hang out with and learn to reload.

Fire_Moose
January 24, 2013, 08:07 PM
Just remember, primer, bullet, THEN powder.

Sent from my CZ85 Combat

blarby
January 24, 2013, 08:13 PM
Horseman- your bullets are going out on tomorrows mail truck.

Enjoy 'em.

Given the shortage, I'd use 40 of them for load development, and 60 for two mags to save- but thats just me. They are your bullets now.

bds
January 24, 2013, 08:32 PM
Blarby, awesome thread you started! If you are interested, I can bring you some H4895, IMR4895, Varget, RL15 and LR primers for your .308 rifle when I deliver your Texan reloaders (see, what goes around, comes around).

horsemen61, your 200 once-fired LC brass primed with harder cup AR primers will be mailed out tomorrow morning along with another 100 55 gr FMJ bullets so you can have some practice/fun with your new AR. ;):D

I also have 40 once-fired 7mm Remington Magnum brass if anyone is interested.

Kokosheck
January 24, 2013, 08:36 PM
Very well done gentlemen

horsemen61
January 24, 2013, 11:12 PM
Thank you all so very much I appreciate it so thank you.

Doug b
January 24, 2013, 11:30 PM
Horseman61 I'll get them out as quick as I can.The wife is in the hospital right now so it may be a day or two.

griff383
January 24, 2013, 11:51 PM
I have 50 or so 55gr SP that are left over from a lot that I bought a while back, might even be 75.

Now I feel bad for selling the 500 extra 55gr HP I had, I was trying to help re-populate the market and sold them for less than what I paid if that makes a difference.

Clinton
January 24, 2013, 11:52 PM
I wish I could pass on something..... I make simple digital camo hammocks if someone has something to trade I can whip one up on the thread injector? Dont have any 30 30 rounds. Bottom hammock. Comes w rope or webbing for suspension your choice. And a stuff sack for all of it. May throw in other home made camping gear or some sealed dehydrated aztec chicken!

Clinton

griff383
January 25, 2013, 12:00 AM
Well dang that was quick,

my small offering is spoken for

horsemen61
January 25, 2013, 12:16 AM
Hey guys if there is anything you don't want and are thinking about getting rid of pm maybe I could use or no someone who could as always thank you for being the awesome people you are.

bds
January 25, 2013, 12:17 AM
horsemen61, since the cases will be primed, I will also need to trim/chamfer the cases. :D

horsemen61
January 25, 2013, 12:19 AM
Thank you very much

Fire_Moose
January 25, 2013, 08:55 PM
Wow this thread dropped fast.

I have 2-3 Lee Challenger bushings. Hit me up with a pm if you want them.

Sent from my CZ85 Combat

blarby
January 25, 2013, 10:29 PM
Are those the quick lock bushings, or something different ?

BTW- Horsemen.. When I went to the post office, my usual counter gal was there...She was like : *** is in this ? I don't think I've ever taken a flat rate box from you we didn't need a forklift to move !!!!

Lololol- in any event, they are on their way- should be there NLT tuesday.

mrblazo
January 26, 2013, 06:23 AM
K so I will admit, this is a little late but times like these I hate having things in my loading area that I don't see myself using anytime soon if at all. Also been a huge fan of this forum but always took and never gave. What I lack in knowledge in this area I can atleast repay in other ways. K I am done with my intro lol.

let me know if you fit the original posters category: You must NEED these. I don't NEED them so I would like to see them in good use.
Almost 100 hornady 55g FMJ {box looks full but I think I pulled some out for testing} and with them I can add some cases too. So all you need is primers and powder. {cases are once fired, cleaned, and some maybe all re-sized.

Hope I didn't break any forum rules with bring back an old thread this is my first post on this forum but been reading here since I started reloading.

ole farmerbuck
January 26, 2013, 07:40 AM
I'd better go check my extras. Might come up with some .224 bullets.

beatledog7
January 26, 2013, 07:47 AM
I'll check my supplies this weekend--might be some .223 brass I can pony up.

blarby
January 26, 2013, 09:05 AM
ya'll 'er da best :)

hueyville
January 27, 2013, 04:13 PM
Couple weeks ago I made trip through town buying all the lil'gun powder could find. Had every can in town when stopped at last store. Man comes in looking for lil'gun and days he had calls that morning and two shops had it in stock. He was now at third stop and no power. I asked what he wanted for and turned out he was a user not a hoarder so I told him I was one who sniped it all. Went out to truck and let him have a for what I paid to the penny. Had never met him before but we exchanged business cards. Just a few days later he called to say he had gotten a great deal on 1,000 .224 moly coated 70 grain bullets. He offered to split the grand down the middle at a price that would have been good five years ago. Today I called him to say had bought 1,000 midway 34 grain dogtown bullets and since he is not an internet guy, did he want half. He popped on them and asked if I had any 25-06 brass. As it is my favorite non wildcat I have plenty but tend to hoard it. I asked what he needed them for and he said to resize into 6.5mm-06. So I figured that was a worthy project and pulled him out 100 never been fired Remington cases. I had bought a thousand then weighed each case separating them into 100 count lots of matched weights. He was happy as a lark to get not only new cases but already matched. I asked about another need I had and he sent me to a friend of his who I just worked a trade of something I had for for what I needed. If we will all do this and try to stay out of the panic, we will be helping slow it down as the true consumers. I have been doing that here too. Hit me with a pm if you have a need. Will do what I can to help.

Boostedtwo
January 27, 2013, 04:17 PM
This is a great idea, I have several things that I have bought and cannot shoot because lack of ammo. Guess main thing is 223 bullets though.

I do have a small amount of 38special brass I don't mind sending to someone if anyone needs it.

jhei88
January 27, 2013, 04:39 PM
How about those 55 grain FMj u still got those?

Boostedtwo
January 27, 2013, 04:42 PM
are you talking to me? I don't have any 223 bullets right now, been trying to find some.

jhei88
January 27, 2013, 04:56 PM
No mr blazo said he had some, those are the bullets I use and would love to get some more. Can't buy them locally, and got caught without any

hueyville
January 27, 2013, 05:30 PM
Some of you are probably familiar with how retail works. Your retailer goes to shows like SHOT and orders a certain amount of items for the year based on past history. Then in spring distributor reps will come by and take pre-season orders for fall, in summer he comes by for winter pre-orders, etc. So usually there is one big order that they make yearly that comes at preset ship dates. Then quarterly they do preseasons for a few months into the future. This is how the distributors and manufactures stay on track with production. They have a little extra figured in for the small weekly and monthly special orders when each retailer has something outside normal and needs to order something extra.

Friend of mine has been working for six months to get a retail accessory business started. He currently manufactures steel targets, bullet traps, soft and hard gun cases, accessory cases, sewn gear, etc. Now anything from reloading, ammo, holders triggers. Anything but guns. He knows the guys in my co-op and seen how we buy primers in 25,000 count lots on regular basis and split them. He is looking to basically form a big shooters co-op. He gets a few hundred guys that order specific items on regular basis. We all give him our order for the upcoming year in Dec. He totals it all up and goes to SHOT show and orders our stuff. When we order we tell him how much to ship and when. You could have a monthly, quarterly or annual order. When it is time for your order to ship, he sends you an email notice and rings your credit card. Your needs are locked in beginning of every year and your order ships on schedule like a retailers would. With hundreds of us end users in the co-op he can power buy, add on a percentage and we get regular shipments and are not subject to price fluctuations or shortages. When a dealer pre-season orders for the year he gets his stuff. It is the sunrise runs that leave people in a lurch. The LGS gets cleaned out then he orders double what he expected on year. All the vendors do that and all the average gets gone so only pre orders ship and consumers pluck them up so fast the.run seems non ending. How many of you would be interested in joining a reloaders/ammo co-op like a.farmers co-op?

Boostedtwo
January 27, 2013, 06:09 PM
I would be interested

blarby
January 27, 2013, 08:40 PM
I'd be interested Huey !

With that said, lets make sure and keep the PIF goin forward !

Anything in need can be PIF'd- not just .223 !

I just wanted to start with something that I KNEW someone got stuck without any of, once the disaster started.

ole farmerbuck
January 27, 2013, 08:50 PM
Horsemen, I'll try to get the bullets mailed tomorrow but want guarantee it.

I might have some mixed .223 brass too.

hueyville
January 27, 2013, 09:32 PM
Anyone need .40 or .357 Sig?

Boostedtwo
January 27, 2013, 09:58 PM
I need some 40 cal bullets

bds
January 27, 2013, 10:04 PM
Boosted two, jacketed, plated or lead?

Any weight preference?

I can send you some once fired 40S&W brass/nickle cases too.

jstephens
January 27, 2013, 10:28 PM
Anybody got any 380 bullets?

medalguy
January 27, 2013, 10:32 PM
Hey guys, sounds like some of you are hurting. I have a few extra 55 gr FNJBT that I'll sell for $5 each........:eek:.........seriously, I'll send 100 to anyone who needs them. Just pm me. I'll even spring for postage, how's that?

Also have some .40 brass I don't need, just needs a good home.

****bullets and brass found good homes. ****

By the way guys, if you pick up anything from anyone, the idea behind a PIF is that you then offer something to someone else. This keeps the thread going. Get something, give something.

jhei88
January 27, 2013, 10:39 PM
I'll jump on that medalguy

cowtownup
January 27, 2013, 10:41 PM
Medalguy, I will gladly pay shipping on that 40 brass...

jhei88
January 27, 2013, 10:41 PM
I think I better look for something to pay it forward with, I'll look in the morning

Havok7416
January 28, 2013, 03:33 AM
I have 1lb of Retumbo, (95) CCI 250 Magnum Rifle Primers and (730+) CCI Large Magnum Pistol Primers all up for grabs. Also 44 .30-30 cases deprimed and sized. I am in Oklahoma City but I can travel.

EDIT: .30-30 gone.

Boostedtwo
January 28, 2013, 05:31 AM
Boosted two, jacketed, plated or lead?

Any weight preference?

I can send you some once fired 40S&W brass/nickle cases too.

Jacketed would be great

bds
January 28, 2013, 09:09 AM
Boostedtwo, PM me your address.

Boostedtwo
January 28, 2013, 09:18 AM
Done, thanks

bds
January 28, 2013, 09:21 AM
An assortment of 40 S&W jacketed bullets on your way.

45lcshooter
January 28, 2013, 09:21 AM
I'm in need of 32acp brass.

Boostedtwo
January 28, 2013, 09:26 AM
Thanks, I have some 38 special brass and 9mm brass if anyone needs any, I don't have alot but willing to help someone out.

38 special brass is spoken for on another forum now, and I believe under the gun is getting the 9mm brass, Ill dig through and see what else I may have I can give away, thanks guys.

UnderTheGun
January 28, 2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks, I have some 38 special brass and 9mm brass if anyone needs any, I don't have alot but willing to help someone out.

I would like the 9mm brass.

I have a reloading "donation pile" - I'll check it when I get home and post a few items.

Boostedtwo
January 28, 2013, 12:01 PM
pm me your address for the 9mm brass

ole farmerbuck
January 28, 2013, 10:48 PM
Ok, I have 192 55gr fmj going to horsemen.
Does anyone need any mixed .223 brass? Also have about 200 62gr fmj bullets. Free to a good (needy) home!

fallout mike
January 28, 2013, 11:08 PM
I could use those. I am just ready to load .223 tomorrow for the first time. I load a lot just not this. I bought a small batch from someone here but shared it with 3 friends. I can pay it forward with a box of .300sa ultra mag factory rounds. Remington, ill look to see what grain shortly. I no longer have the gun.

ole farmerbuck
January 28, 2013, 11:11 PM
Wow! The brass and bullets are gone!

ole farmerbuck
January 28, 2013, 11:13 PM
I could use those. I am just ready to load .223 tomorrow for the first time. I load a lot just not this. I bought a small batch from someone here but shared it with 3 friends. I can pay it forward with a box of .300sa ultra mag factory rounds. Remington, ill look to see what grain shortly. I no longer have the gun.
Mike, you needing brass or bullets?

horsemen61
January 28, 2013, 11:14 PM
yes thank you to everyone who sent me stuff I got three boxes today:D:D:D:D.

fallout mike
January 28, 2013, 11:25 PM
Bullets. I bought 250 bullets from griff383, but shared them with 3 others. That ain't many divided by 4.

ole farmerbuck
January 28, 2013, 11:28 PM
Bullets. I bought 250 bullets from griff383, but shared them with 3 others. That ain't many divided by 4.
Tell ya what, pm me your address and if 55gr sp's will work, I'll go ahead and send ya some. Hows that? :)

blarby
January 29, 2013, 12:00 AM
duplicate

blarby
January 29, 2013, 12:03 AM
yes thank you to everyone who sent me stuff I got three boxes today.

Awesome ! I glad you are a bit ahead of the "nothing" curve now !

If you have anything hiding in the closet someone might need- feel free to spread the love, there are plenty in need !

Originally Posted by fallout mike
Tell ya what, pm me your address and if 55gr sp's will work, I'll go ahead and send ya some. Hows that?

Now thats love, right there ! Goin round and round- reloaders karma ! Woot !

I'm gonna go on a rummage, see what else is in the closet.

I know I have a pack of 25 7/8th oz slugs and the appropriate 12 ga wads I can throw in the mix, for reloading Remington hulls right now !

I'm a little tight on postage this week- but if you need 'em- you got 'em !

fallout mike
January 29, 2013, 12:14 AM
Ok, the ammo is Remington premier .300 S.A. ultra mag, 165gr core-lokt psp. $50 box of ammo. I would like for someone to get this that has been helping people out in this thread.

medalguy
January 29, 2013, 12:57 AM
This is just a reminder to everyone participating in this thread. If you get something from someone, please post something you don't need or can spare for another reloader to pick up from you. This keeps the thread going, and helps everyone out. PIF is a great idea. :D:D:D

blarby
January 29, 2013, 11:17 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good stuff right there !

Remember, its not just .223, even though that is a hot need right now !

Thanks everyone for getting involved.

fallout mike
January 29, 2013, 12:55 PM
Thanks ole farmerbuck!! Still waiting on a taker for this ammo.

ole farmerbuck
January 29, 2013, 05:40 PM
I hope nobody gets mad but I havent made it to town yet to get this stuff mailed. Ole Buck got the bad end of the deal having a 25' long log get run over with a tractor and spin around and hit me in the back of my legs! Man o man!:fire: This hurts. No, I'm not trying to get you to feel sorry for me but it is slowing me getting these out. Dont worry, they'll be out in 1 day or 2 at the most. Sorry.

fallout mike
January 29, 2013, 05:41 PM
I hope you get to feeling better.

fallout mike
January 29, 2013, 07:24 PM
If no one wants the ammo I offered I could offer up a box of 7.62x54R ammo.

45lcshooter
January 29, 2013, 08:21 PM
Cousin could use the 54r ammo. When I get home tomorrow, I'll dig through goodies and pull stuff out for the pif's

fallout mike
January 29, 2013, 08:24 PM
Ammo going to 45lcshooter. Ill try and get it shipped out tomorrow.

beatledog7
January 29, 2013, 10:06 PM
This is probably a long shot -- anyone have .357 Sig brass?

bds
January 29, 2013, 10:29 PM
I have 14 .357 Sig brass. I know not much but I will save any future .357 Sig brass I come across and will send them your way.

primalmu
January 29, 2013, 10:42 PM
I've got a handful of .357 Sig brass. Last time I went to the range there was a ton of it on the ground (grabbed it because, hey, who knows? maybe I'll have one someday). I'll look around again next time I head out.

blarby
January 30, 2013, 12:10 AM
I think I have a few pieces too, but not many Beatle.

Place I go to , theres about 10-15 a week. I'll start stash'n for ya !

UnderTheGun
January 30, 2013, 08:57 AM
I have a Lyman .270 Win 2 die set that came with a large used reloading lot purchased a while back. I'll PIF to whomever wants them. They need a little cleaning up but appear to be useable.

Please claim here and IM your address info.

beatledog7
January 30, 2013, 09:46 AM
My last bucket 5-gal bucket from the range netted only about 100 .357 Sig. I didn't shoot it at the time but saved it thinking I'd some day have enough to sell off. Then I bought a .357 Sig barrel for my G22. Woo-hoo!

So guys, thanks for the posts and keep me in mind if you gather enough to make a shipment worthwhile.

I've sent off some .223 (went out yesterday) and could spare a small flat rate box full of .40cal or 9mm to a good home.

Boostedtwo
January 30, 2013, 09:50 AM
Alot of people givin and receiving I'm going to check again today for more things to give.

beatledog7
January 30, 2013, 10:04 AM
horsemen61,

I'm not saying I would choose wikipedia as a fount of knowledge or an oracle of wisdom, but in this case it presents an accurate description:

"Pay it forward" is asking the beneficiary of a good deed to "repay" it to others instead of to the original benefactor.

So, if you benefit from a good deed via person x, the idea is you repay a good deed to person y, or person z. The concept relies on the notion that eventually somebody in the chain of good deeds has the opportunity to pay a deed forward to person x. And the cycle continues.

There is no obligation per se to pay anything forward, but there is presumed responsibility to either take part in both the giving and the getting or to not take part at all. For some it may be a while before they have anything to offer, and that's ok as long as eventually they remember their responsibility to the cycle rather than simply take advantage of it.

I'm not saying anyone is taking advantage; I pay no attention to the score. I'm just reinforcing the concept.

Boostedtwo
January 30, 2013, 10:13 AM
Under the gun if no one needs them I'd be willing to buy them from you.

horsemen61
January 30, 2013, 10:18 AM
I already accepted the dies from Underthegun

45lcshooter
January 30, 2013, 11:41 AM
I have

83 PCs of 9mm nickel

And

10pcs of once fired 221 Remington Fireball Remington brass

First public I'll take it followed by PM takes your choice (both must be done to claim it)

beatledog7
January 30, 2013, 12:24 PM
I have

83 PCs of 9mm

What's your game? Did you not just accept some 9mm from me?

45lcshooter
January 30, 2013, 01:51 PM
Yep I accepted 9mm from you. I don't have a game. Some people like myself do not reload nickel.

beatledog7
January 30, 2013, 02:42 PM
45, that piece of information would have avoided my previous post. See my PM from a few minutes ago. If you don't do nickel pls send it to me.

45lcshooter
January 30, 2013, 03:33 PM
Beatledog7 I will take that as an 'I'll take it" publicly and all I need is your address. And you will have nickel and SIG your way.

blarby
January 30, 2013, 06:12 PM
You guys are the best, really.

I'm still neck deep in a sort of my reloading cave... its pretty deep in there.

About all I have at this point is that set of 25 slugs and wads for 12 ga... but I'm just now getting to the brass.

SSN Vet : That .357 mag ends up being 43 pieces, and its sitting here with your name on it, waiting for me to get paid so I can do the postage.

I know this .357 sig is here somewhere, I will find it !

I'll see what all else I can come up with.

Lets all keep working real real hard as we have been, on keeping the animosity at a minimum, and the positivity at a maximum !

This is a dark hard time for all of us gun geeks- lets keep being that little floating bright light, not some additional darkness, shall we ?

If any of you lurkers out there have stuff you need, or stuff you want to offer- feel free to PM around the folks here if ya don't want to post publicly- need and charity do not necessarily have to be posted for all to see.

ole farmerbuck
January 30, 2013, 07:03 PM
Shipping cost might be keeping some people from offering. They might feel that if they're giving it away, they should get postage paid. ??????

blarby
January 30, 2013, 07:08 PM
Well, Thats between the giver and the givee.

I know that postage is holding me from sending some of the stuff off- but karma goes and comes- thats the hope. Free stuff ? You might have to wait till I refresh my postage bill tab :D

If you've received stuff without sending anything off- the appropriate thought we be to send off what you can, as soon as possible to those who need it.

For a lot of folks, its a back and forth proposition- but I hear ya !

Boostedtwo
January 30, 2013, 07:30 PM
I have sent several things now, I don't have a problem paying shipping to ship someone the stuff as I know the favor will be returned one day.

Walkalong
January 30, 2013, 07:32 PM
Anytime I have given something, all I have asked for is for that person to do someone else a favor some day. Pass it on one day.

redneck2
January 30, 2013, 08:04 PM
Don't want to rain on the parade...but...

I got involved in this back a few years ago in another forum on this site. I had some NICE stuff, as in a complete press, and a 6x24x50 scope that I gave away. Just the shipping on the press was over $20 out of my pocket. Sold a bunch of complete die sets for $5 each, shipped.

Turns out some of the guys were just claiming stuff just to get, well, free stuff. One guy that tried to claim the scope sent me a snotty PM because he already had the scope sold.

Hope this all stays on the up and up. It's a great idea if everybody does the right thing.

Boostedtwo
January 30, 2013, 08:11 PM
There will always be people out there trying to take advantage of others, I'm not so sure that it hasn't already happened here.

redneck2
January 30, 2013, 08:18 PM
Between proposed legislation and the economy (or lack thereof), I just think we're at the point that we need to look in the mirror and see who we really are. It cost me a LOT to send out stuff I'd already paid for. Something like this can be a great deal is done for the right reasons.

Boostedtwo
January 30, 2013, 08:30 PM
I couldn't agree more, this week alone I have spent 30 dollars in mailing people free stuff, but I don't mind, as long as im helping you guys out.

blarby
January 30, 2013, 08:33 PM
for the right reasons.

and thats why we're doing it.

As I stated in the very beginning :

Not to have for stash, or to make that pile in your closet that much bigger- but someone who actually needs them and can't find any ?

None of us are the internet lie detector experts.

All we can do is try and help where we can, when we can, with what we can.

Shooting sports are one of those areas that its really bad to pick up bad karma in... You can have karmic blowback in the worst ways with a firearm in your hand. I'd never wish that on anyone- but we all know how the world works.

All we can do is hope everyone who is in need, is really in need- not in want.

I know that I have freely given- and have been freely given to.

I know that others here have given with the best of heart- and I would hate to belittle their efforts by saying or assuming it went to someone it shouldn't have.

This is a dark hard time for all of us gun geeks- lets keep being that little floating bright light, not some additional darkness, shall we ?

With that said- on with the giving !

ole farmerbuck
January 30, 2013, 10:07 PM
Ok, I have all 3 boxes packed and will be going out tomorrow. Sorry about the delay and I do enjoy doing this.

beatledog7
January 30, 2013, 10:12 PM
Beatledog7 I will take that as an 'I'll take it" publicly and all I need is your address.

Yes, 45, I will take it. Thanks! PM'd you as well. Yours is ready here and will go out tomorrow. Missed the postman today.

tcanthonyii
January 31, 2013, 01:35 AM
This is a long shot but anyone got an old powder measure for rifle? I'm not sure my auto disk is going to gut it for some of my rifle cartridges. .270, 300 win mag, 7mm mag. Not looking for anything fancy just something to get me started. Even though I got my press as a Birthday gift it's still an expensive hobby to get into starting off and I'd prefer to not have to hand dip each charge if possible.

I have approx. 20 .270 Hornady Frontier brass and a smidge over 50 .40 cal pistol brass casings that I don't need if someone else can use them. I don't and won't own 40 and all my other 270 brass is Federal. 270 is brass I shot and 40 is range pickups.

joneb
January 31, 2013, 01:59 AM
Anytime I have given something, all I have asked for is for that person to do someone else a favor some day. Pass it on one day.
Thanks Walkalong for the sample of 700X you sent me before Hazmat :barf:

If anyone needs some 223 Rem brass let me know, free + shipping.

ps the barf face is relating to the hazmat not the 700x :)

Havok7416
January 31, 2013, 03:51 AM
Tcanthonyii

I have a friend who needs .40 cases pretty bad. I'm happy to pay postage. PM me and we can work out the details.

mrblazo
January 31, 2013, 05:53 AM
sorry for delay, smallfuse was first to reply on them bullets so as soon as I get info to ship em there his, if not I will just go to the next one. Glad I can help, karma can be good or bad :)

tcanthonyii
January 31, 2013, 08:23 AM
Havok gets the 40 brass.

bds
January 31, 2013, 09:02 AM
I know that postage is holding me from sending some of the stuff off- but karma goes and comes- thats the hope.

If you've received stuff without sending anything off- the appropriate thought we be to send off what you can, as soon as possible to those who need it.
To me, the whole notion of "Pay it forward" is doing it from the heart voluntarily without expecting anything in return. It is not a "business model" as to how to get stuff for free or cheap and if that's your approach, then you are not truly paying it forward and you may not reap the true benefit of the "Pay it forward" process (Although paying it forward will often net much much more than a good business transaction. ;)).

My seeds for "Pay it forward" was planted by my shooting and reloading mentor who was a seasoned Bullseye match shooter I used to work with and a local bullet caster who supplied action pistol and Bullseye match shooters. They took me under their wing as an apprentice and taught me the essence of reloading match loads and producing accuracy. My mentor's motto was "Accuracy is everything and it results from consistency". I spent countless days and nights learning from them how bullets are made, how to load consistent match grade loads, how to shoot consistently and they did not allow me to pay for any of it.

When I insisted, they simply smiled and said they were also blessed by someone else who taught them what they know and asked me to pass it on when the opportunity presents. Over the years, I have been blessed to accumulate many 5 gallon buckets of brass and have spent several hundred dollars in shipping charges alone to send them to deserving recipients. When they also insisted on paying for postage or the various shooting/reloading stuff shipped to them, I simply asked that they do something nice for someone in their life who is deserving.

What about the money and time I spent? I have been blessed over the years by several hundred folds in what all I have paid it forward, not to mention the various friends I have made all over the country I hope to meet after my retirement in about 8 years. Things and people have come across my way in manners never imagined and in the end, paying it forward will give you a warm heart with blessing in your life.

Just look at us. While everyone is "hoarding" in panic, we are giving these valuable stuff away to strangers we never met! Imagine the shock some new guest to THR forum will be in reading this thread! In the "High Road" fashion, I say participate in this wonderful "Pay it forward" thread if it warms your heart to give. If you lack the funding for postage and the recipient will gladly pay for shipping, all's is good. If you can't reciprocate by giving reloading/shooting stuff for the thread in return, do something nice for someone else who is deserving. I am sure all things will work themselves out in the end.

I tell you blarby, with this thread you have already paid for the two Texan reloaders. :D

SlowFuse
January 31, 2013, 09:38 AM
I have 75-80 m856 .224's if anyone is interested. They are pulled and some are missing orange tips but light up fine.

I know I also have brass for things that I don't reload but I will have to dig around this wkend.

UnderTheGun
January 31, 2013, 10:11 AM
I have some odd (to me) brass I'll clean over the weekend and post Monday.

SlowFuse
January 31, 2013, 10:20 AM
Boostedtwo claimed M856s

Boostedtwo
January 31, 2013, 10:26 AM
Is there anything anyone could use, let me know ill see if I have any, brass, reloading tools ect.

PaisteMage
January 31, 2013, 10:53 AM
If I had some , or an AR for that matter, I would help.

Good community effort.

45lcshooter
January 31, 2013, 06:33 PM
Looking for 32acp brass, bullets, and mold.

Pm me.

minnesota
January 31, 2013, 06:49 PM
Does anyone have any 70 grain .243 bullets?

medalguy
January 31, 2013, 11:52 PM
45lcshooter if you still have the Fireball brass, I'll take it. PM sent.

blarby
February 1, 2013, 09:58 PM
If someone could PIF even a source for finding a 5 round AR mag in .223 I'd be stoked.

Small game season is coming up soon, and if I cant find a 5 rounder- I'm screwed !

ObsidianOne
February 1, 2013, 10:45 PM
If someone could PIF even a source for finding a 5 round AR mag in .223 I'd be stoked.

Small game season is coming up soon, and if I cant find a 5 rounder- I'm screwed !
Midway is backordered, but they are expected stock on 02/10 :)

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/593609/ar-stoner-magazine-ar-15-223-remington-5-round-with-anti-tilt-follower-stainless-steel-black

blarby
February 1, 2013, 10:53 PM
oooooooooo

it changed !

I guess they are getting them back in sooner than expected !

Thx !

tcanthonyii
February 1, 2013, 10:53 PM
This is a long shot but anyone got an old powder measure for rifle? I'm not sure my auto disk is going to gut it for some of my rifle cartridges. .270, 300 win mag, 7mm mag. Not looking for anything fancy just something to get me started. Even though I got my press as a Birthday gift it's still an expensive hobby to get into starting off and I'd prefer to not have to hand dip each charge if possible.

I have approx. 20 .270 Hornady Frontier brass and a smidge over 50 .40 cal pistol brass casings that I don't need if someone else can use them. I don't and won't own 40 and all my other 270 brass is Federal. 270 is brass I shot and 40 is range pickups.

I still have the 270 brass if anyone wants it.

joneb
February 1, 2013, 11:17 PM
Sorry out of stock. I will keep a eye out.

beatledog7
February 4, 2013, 06:15 PM
Thanks walkalong and 45lcshooter!

hueyville
February 4, 2013, 08:09 PM
I have some .270 bullets would trade for something useful. Weird that I have never had an affinity for that caliber. Only 270 I ever enjoyed shooting is a friends custom .270 Weatherby magnum that was built by a custom smith who cut a match tight chamber with no traditional Weatherby freebore. It requires very specific powders, 26" barrel and holds 1" at 250 yards. Such a specific rifle it is a good thing both his kids and grand kids are all handloaders and know the idiosyncracies of this rifle. For safety the builder marked the barrel as simply 270 magnum wildcat.

medalguy
February 5, 2013, 01:37 AM
45lcshooter, pm inbound to you regarding .32 brass. I found some today. Let me know if you want it.

ConcernedCitizen
February 5, 2013, 02:03 AM
Blarby, Midway is showing those magazines currently in stock and ready to ship, if you hadn't noticed already.

Centurian22
February 5, 2013, 03:06 AM
This is an awesome idea. I would love to participate. The only downfall is I work away from home and will not be home to be able to send out anything for 6 weeks (end of March). That being said; to someone in true need I could spare some (20-30) once fired .308 brass, a box of 20rds .308 Federal Power Shok 150 grain soft point, and 100 CCI small pistol primers (local to Bangor/Brewer Maine area).

I am looking for anything related to .32S&W Long; ammo, brass, bullets (.312-.313 diameter preferably plated but lead would do) or bullseye powder. Also have a friend who could use nickel 9mm brass if anyone is offering any.

I apologize for the long delay in my ability to send stuff out but wanted to offer what I could to this cause. Awesome idea.

medalguy
February 5, 2013, 11:10 AM
Centurian22, I have a small bag of nickel 9mm brass. Shoot me an address and out they go.

45lcshooter
February 7, 2013, 01:50 PM
looking for 32acp bullets, and a mold. Looking to keep the grain under 100gr.

Also looking for 147fmj .308 bullets. 30-30 150-180gr flat nose or round nose for in a tube magazine.

tacxted
February 7, 2013, 06:30 PM
I have 64 peices of 7.62x25 brass Win and PPU stamped range pickups.

I figure some one could use them, PM me.

EDIT: Aleady shipped

silicosys4
February 8, 2013, 02:40 AM
If someone needs 12 pieces of .284 Winchester brass, PM me, I've no need for them and will gladly ship them to you. If someone desperately needs 7.62x51 brass, pm me, I'll ship you 25 or so. If anybody is in Washington on the Olympic Peninsula, is in dire need of primers and can't find any, PM me, I can meet up and give a hundred away without missing them, LR LP SR or SP.
If you absolutely can't find .308 bullets, I can send out a few 150gr. hornady round nose soft points, and a few 130 gr. hornady flat base soft points...enough to get meat on the table or an afternoon of loading and shooting.

Only thing I really need is .224 bullets...I can trade cast, sized or unsized and lubed with liquid alox lead handgun bullets... I have pure lead, Wheel weights, linotype lead, and monotype lead. Just tell me what combo or type you want
In the following sizes/calibers

.358 148gr tumble lube Lee or 150gr. Lyman wadcutters, both for .38spcl. I usually cast this in pure wheel weights.
.356 lyman semi wadcutter no gascheck, good mid speed .357 magnum bullet, needs magnum velocity for good accuracy though. not great for .38spcl. I usually cast this in ww/lino mix
9mm LEE tumble lube 124gr RN, good with ww/lino No sizing available, none of my guns needed it with this bullet. good with ww/lino
.401 LEE tumble lube 180gr flat nose. for 10mm and 40s&w. good with ww/lino
.429 LEE tumble lube 240gr. flat nose, no gas check. good .44 special bullet with wheel weights, good .44 magnum bullet with ww/lino up to about 1250 fps
.452 LEE tumble lube 200gr. SWC. feeds great in all three of my 1911's, 2 colt and 1 sig. good with Wheel weights

45lcshooter, you have a pm

blarby
February 8, 2013, 02:56 AM
Thanks concerned citizen !

Barring CIA/ Homeland issues, I have my ultra-high capacity 5 round mag en-route.

Squirrels better run !

03fatboy
February 8, 2013, 01:52 PM
If its not to late on this post my local gun shop has Hornady 55gr bullets in stock for. 223 if anyone needs any let me know? It helps that hornady manufacturing is just down the road. I go there and look though their defective stuff when i get to town.

ole farmerbuck
February 8, 2013, 07:07 PM
Hey there, what does the gun shop have. I like the 55gr v-max, 52 and 53gr hp and 55gr soft points. I'd buy some blems if I could. Thanks

tcanthonyii
February 8, 2013, 07:56 PM
Is hornady still letting people walk in? It's close to me too

jonkit
February 8, 2013, 09:58 PM
I have 40 S&W brass, I've already tumbled it, it is mixed range brass, about 230 count. If anyone needs it let me know you can have it for shipping. I also have 35 remington and 44mag, not sure how much, haven't gotten to sorting that yet. let me know what you need I might be able to help out.

tcanthonyii
February 8, 2013, 10:25 PM
Jonkit -- I'd love to have that 44mag brass. I only have about 50 pieces for my Redhawk. I'd be more than happy to pay shipping.

Centurian22
February 8, 2013, 10:53 PM
Jonkit, magnumman44 was looking for 35 rem in a brass post in the classifieds. I'm posting a link to this thread in a message to him. Just giving you the heads up.

03fatboy
February 8, 2013, 11:33 PM
All i ever bought were 55 gr v-max havent moved up to any bigger so don't know what they have for any heavier. last time 250count 55 gr v-max were 42.99 before tax let me know if you need some and i can ship some to you.
Yes you can walk in to honady and look though their dlem brawers . First of the week they didn't have any thing in pistol caliber just stuff like 303 , 7mm think they had some 30_06

tcanthonyii
February 8, 2013, 11:38 PM
Hmmmm. I'll have to make a run over there some time. I guess I"m 90 miles out but I make it out that way fairly regular in the summer.

03fatboy
February 8, 2013, 11:44 PM
If you evermake it down second street stop in to sweds gun shop ,its the only gun shop we have now they have all kinds of cool guns and shooting /reloading stuff

tcanthonyii
February 8, 2013, 11:53 PM
I will for sure. I usually just pass through on my way from Seward to Lexington.

03fatboy
February 9, 2013, 12:13 AM
You will have to venture into town but might be worth the trip

J.R.W.
February 9, 2013, 03:29 AM
I've had some 5.7x28 brass (x100) up for sale in the classifieds with no bites. Just noticed this thread. If anyone can use it, LMK.

magnumman44
February 9, 2013, 07:56 AM
Jonkit, I'd love to take the 35 Rem off your hands. I have a standard Ar 15 grip to pay forward! Thanks!

OldMac
February 9, 2013, 08:47 AM
Taxed. I would love to have the tokarev brass. I will dig today and post something to pif.

demerp
February 9, 2013, 06:41 PM
am new to the forum, & was perusing the Reloading section to gather knowledge, when I found this thread.

am just getting started in this game, don't have enough yet to give, & have no needs. the thread brought a smile to my face; i read every post.

very High Road, indeed, especially in these trying times.

blarby
February 9, 2013, 07:45 PM
very High Road, indeed, especially in these trying times.

Thats the whole point !

Welcome to the forum- we're glad to have ya !

tacxted
February 9, 2013, 09:39 PM
Taxed. I would love to have the tokarev brass. I will dig today and post something to pif.
sorry i didnt post earlier, someone had already PM'ed me. Ill update my post to reflect this now.
There are lots of good people on THR, im sure someone has some 7.62x25 brass for you OldMac.

hogbody74
February 9, 2013, 09:55 PM
03fatboy
Are you looking to sell the 55gr bullets or ? Thanks hogbody74

leeggen
February 10, 2013, 12:06 AM
I need 40 cal bullets of various weights. I have 45 acp brass 150 cnt I could pass on. Also need a brick of small pistol primers if someone has extra. I have 223 casings also that can go if needed!
Thanks Carl

03fatboy
February 10, 2013, 08:21 AM
03fatboy
Are you looking to sell the 55gr bullets or ? Thanks hogbody74
If you need some bullets i would ship some to you. Let me know, the gun shop is closed on Sunday and monday. Not sure on how the pm works on here but you could try to send me a message and we could get it set up to ship some out.

Hope to hear from you and to help a fellow reloader/shooter out.

jonkit
February 10, 2013, 02:36 PM
tcanthonyii
sorry, I just checked and I guess I gave that 44mag to my buddy. I looked and only had two pieces left. sorry for getting your hopes up. I need to organize better.

jonkit
February 10, 2013, 02:41 PM
magnumman44
I would be happy to send the 35 rem brass to ya, it's only 25 pieces, and I haven't tumbled it or anything. I don't really need an AR grip, you can just have the brass since I'm not ever going to use it. just PM me.

jonkit
February 10, 2013, 02:45 PM
I need 40 cal bullets of various weights. I have 45 acp brass 150 cnt I could pass on. Also need a brick of small pistol primers if someone has extra. I have 223 casings also that can go if needed!
Thanks Carl
leeggen, do you need any 40 S&W brass I have like 250 pieces. I could use 45acp brass.

blarby
February 10, 2013, 02:45 PM
We're nearing 5,000 views- thats pretty nifty !

This thread is an embodiment of what makes our community great- and you guys n gals are absolutely fantastic in your support of the community.

I'm gonna be gone for a week, I'll see ya'll next sunday.

Keep up the fantastic PIF !

I still have those 12 ga supplies, and I'll be sorting out the rest of the dungeon when I get back.

If anyone is missing a package from me- I apologize- message me again, this has been a BUSY month so far.

ole farmerbuck
February 10, 2013, 02:51 PM
I don't know how it would work but I thought about sending a large box of mixed brass to someone, letting them take what they needed then they could forward the rest till empty. Bad idea?

jhei88
February 10, 2013, 02:53 PM
Or you take something and also have to put something in it, I'd e game for that.

tcanthonyii
February 10, 2013, 03:31 PM
JonKit -- No worries on the 44 brass. Sometimes I forget what I've got as well!

J_McLeod
February 10, 2013, 03:50 PM
I don't know how it would work but I thought about sending a large box of mixed brass to someone, letting them take what they needed then they could forward the rest till empty. Bad idea?
Cast Boolits forum has been doing that for a while. Seems to work.

45lcshooter
February 10, 2013, 04:41 PM
It works, until it gets"lost".

ole farmerbuck
February 10, 2013, 05:43 PM
It works, until it gets"lost".
oooh. That doesnt sound so good.

hueyville
February 10, 2013, 11:33 PM
20 pieces matched once fired 264 Winchester Magnum brass
24 pieces 7.62 Russian, half is Normal stamp, rest mil surplus
12 pieces matched once fire 300 Winchester Magnum.

Will dig some more when time. Sure there is more I don't need.

If someone needs some cast bullets can fire.up the.furnace if there is a shortage on those.

hueyville
February 10, 2013, 11:58 PM
My 300 Win Mag is now gone. I am picking up shipping on this brass so its 100% free to taker. Please only take if you actually have a rifle for it.

Pat C.
February 11, 2013, 01:54 PM
I need 223 55gr. bullits to reload . All I have to Pay forward with is a 30/30 LEE hand loader in the box complete!! Let me know if you can use this!! LEE Loader Spoken For !! Gone to 45lcshooter

Match10
February 11, 2013, 02:53 PM
20 pieces matched once fired 264 Winchester Magnum brass

I'd really appreciate that. I'll dig around in the drawers and count the .500 S&W Magnum I have extra to offer.... Then I'll post up the number.

hueyville
February 11, 2013, 03:14 PM
The 264 Win Mag now has a home. Rather have a rifle that it fits and load it myself but finally had to give up on having two of everything and focus on four each of what I really can actually use in a lifetime... Just looking at that brass always had me wondering, now the temptation will be gone for at least a moment. What are the odds I will get a rifle in that caliber in a trade now that the brass is gone? haha

grubbylabs
February 11, 2013, 04:12 PM
I am interested in the 300 win cases

hueyville
February 11, 2013, 05:26 PM
as post #176 to thread stated, the 300 mag is already spoken for. If I find more will post it up when I do.
All that is left is the 7.62 Russian.

grubbylabs
February 11, 2013, 05:30 PM
Sorry miss read the post:o

Centurian22
February 11, 2013, 05:43 PM
Hueyville, the 7.62 Russian is that 7.62x54r like a mosin nagant 91/30 shoots? I don't have dies for that yet but it's on my list. If no one else that can use them comes along I'll happily take them.

03fatboy
February 11, 2013, 05:47 PM
I need 223 55gr. bullits to reload . All I have to Pay forward with is a 30/30 LEE hand loader in the box complete!! Let me know if you can use this!!
Check your in box

Pat C.
February 11, 2013, 06:06 PM
Grubbylabs: What else would you expect from some one who shoots at animals with sharp pointy stick?
I RESEMBLE That remark!!;);)

c.latrans
February 11, 2013, 07:24 PM
If anyone is hard up, I have 84 pieces of brand new unprimed .44 mag brass. Could use some imperial sizing wax or other trinket, bullets or brass...whatever you feel good about trading. LMK.

Roadkill
February 11, 2013, 07:30 PM
.44 Mag brass
If anyone is hard up, I have 84 pieces of brand new unprimed .44 mag brass. Could use some imperial sizing wax or other trinket, bullets or brass...whatever you feel good about trading. LMK.

I can use them - IM sent

c.latrans
February 11, 2013, 07:47 PM
PM back to Raodkill, and the cases are spoken for.

03fatboy
February 12, 2013, 11:42 AM
Pat c. Check your in box

hueyville
February 12, 2013, 12:27 PM
The 300 Win Mag, 264 Win Mag and Norma 7.62x54 all has a new home. Now for my next one.

There are some rules to it. First you must be completely out of what I have to offer. If you have some of said item or something similar still stashed you do not qualify. Also you must have the brass, powder and primers to load them. Finally you must have the pistol to shoot them in. If your cast bullet vendor is not back-ordered or your LGS has them on the shelf you do not qualify. In other-words, unless you have a specific need for said items, are completely out, can't get any soon and have the means to use them you need to let them go to someone that does. Honor system folks...

130 45 caliber 185 grain cast SWC

OR....

130 .44 caliber 225 grain cast RNFP

These will be cast from wheel weights, sized and lubed with Lyman orange lube. This gives you 30 bullets to work up a functioning load then 100 to fill a range box full to go send down range. This offer brought to you by a po boy from Georgia. No warranty is implied or expressed. Use at your own risk. If you have never shot lead and gum up your barrel loading them too hot then its your fault, no replacement if any issues with materials or workmanship. No guarantee of expedited shipment. If they shoot poorly its your own fault as they all shoot fine for me. if you blow up your gun and kill or injure your fool self it is your fault for not having the sense to weigh them and read a loading manual. Blah, blah, blah.

The person that receives said items is not required to pay forward an item(s) to another THR patron if unable but is highly encouraged to throw something on the table if they can. I may or may not repeat this offer. Repeats may be different calibers and different weights. This is a one time offer for the first user that raises their hand. If you lose out, don't cry, just be on the lookout for my next offer. It may come at any time day or night. Good luck and remember the rules. No hoarders or persons without true need. I will send Elmer Fudd wabbit hunting in your back yard if you cheat and Buggs Bunny is my watchdog.

c.latrans
February 12, 2013, 12:58 PM
One box of Hornaday .227 cal. 70 grain spire points. These are for a .22 Savage Hi Power, not aware of any other rifles that shoot .227 diameter. Anyway, I think all 100 are in there, the box has been opened and taped shut. Trade me toys or pay the shipping and pay it forward to another here on THR, whichever makes you happy.

hueyville
February 13, 2013, 05:16 AM
Since my post #190 does not seem to be helping anyone there is now a third option added to it make it a little broader.

130 .38/357 158 grain cast SWC

So now you have the choice between .38/357, .44 and .45 cast bullets. Same rules apply so somebody scarf them up.

tcanthonyii
February 13, 2013, 08:29 AM
Still have the .270 brass. Approx 20 pieces of hornady frontier.
Also have a box of 20 7mm mag and a box of 20 of 308.

I'm looking for some 30-30 brass. It seems to have all disappeared locally!

Bisbee
February 13, 2013, 01:15 PM
I sure could use a 45acp shell holder for a Lee single stage press… I have 100 nickel 38spl cases, some +P to move down the line to your door, but only if you are out with none in sight. Send a PM and the cases are yours.

This “Pay it forward” is great let’s keep it going!

hueyville
February 13, 2013, 01:24 PM
tcanthonyii, I will trade you 30-30 for your 308.

fallout mike
February 13, 2013, 02:09 PM
I just got a .243 for my son on Saturday. I could use some .243 bullets. I can offer up some Berry's 9mm 115gr bullets.

returningfire
February 13, 2013, 02:52 PM
Mike
Do you need brass or bullets or both?

fallout mike
February 13, 2013, 03:02 PM
The guy I bought the gun from said he had quite a few pieces (100ish) of once fired brass he was going to bring me. He hasn't yet but its only been a few days. So, assuming he does I only need bullets.

Doug b
February 13, 2013, 03:51 PM
Bisbee I have 4 different shellholders for .45 ACP.What are your dies maybe I can match you up.

grubbylabs
February 13, 2013, 04:45 PM
I could add some 240 grain cast SWC's and some 270 grain cast RNFP with gas checks and both lubed.

Pat C.
February 13, 2013, 05:55 PM
45lcshooter
Check your box!!

afponiky
February 13, 2013, 07:35 PM
PM sent to hueyville

tcanthonyii
February 13, 2013, 07:38 PM
tcanthonyii, I will trade you 30-30 for your 308.

Sure. I'll pm you.

Pat C.
February 13, 2013, 09:31 PM
Just want to say thanks guys , and thanks for getting this started blarby!!

va1911
February 13, 2013, 09:53 PM
Can anyone part with a lb of powder? I'm looking for AA#5 or something similar. I have some .40 brass and I have two NIB Springfield XD normal cap mags.

medalguy
February 14, 2013, 01:15 AM
va1911, where are you located?

va1911
February 14, 2013, 07:26 AM
Ohio

Walkalong
February 14, 2013, 07:29 AM
This is where hazmat bites. I have pistol powder I could spare, but it cannot be shipped.

UnderTheGun
February 14, 2013, 08:09 AM
Perhaps we can start our posting with location and there may end up being locals who can share items/save shipping. Just a thought (some may not want their location known).

This is where hazmat bites. I have pistol powder I could spare, but it cannot be shipped.

45lcshooter
February 14, 2013, 11:40 AM
Just put a bug in a mods ear about at least putting the person State under their profile. So many people don't put at least their State on their profile. It gets awful old to keep asking people where they are. General location I believe everyone can live with It.

Hence over here
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

returningfire
February 14, 2013, 11:47 AM
Mike
I have maybe 40 pieces of 243 brass but no bullets. If the guy doesn't show with the promised brass give me a shout.

fallout mike
February 14, 2013, 12:40 PM
Thanks returningfire. I hope he really does. He said he has roughly 100 pieces of brass and a pocket full of some cheap ammo. If not I still got a good deal. I only paid $150 for the whole package this past Saturday. I had been looking around for a hunting rifle for my 7 year old. He'll be 8 next hunting season. This one fell in my lap. Its a Remington 700 youth model. He loves shooting so I gotta get him used to shooting the gun. Hopefully he can handle the recoil. He loves shooting my ar. It can get aggravating shooting with him. He wants to use the spotting scope after every single shot to check his shot. But, he has gotten good and can outshoot a few friends of mine.

returningfire
February 14, 2013, 12:47 PM
Sounds like the makings of a future sniper. I'm sure he can step up from a 223 to a 243, just use light weight bullets for a while. Sounds like you scored on the deal, sometimes the stars just all line up perfectly. Anyway, if the guy doesn't come through let me know and I will send you what I have.

fallout mike
February 14, 2013, 12:49 PM
I will take you up on that if he does not. Thank you sir.

ole farmerbuck
February 14, 2013, 12:54 PM
Mike, i didnt read back much but what are you needing? Brass, bullets or both? Not sure of my stock since i havent played with the 243 for a while. Let me know.

fallout mike
February 14, 2013, 01:05 PM
Olefarmerbuck, I appreciate the offer but you have already been more than generous with me. I wouldn't feel right. Now I would trade with you if I have something you could use more of. What I have the most of is 9mm and .40 bullets.

ole farmerbuck
February 14, 2013, 01:09 PM
I'll see if I can think of something. hmm

Cougar71
February 14, 2013, 04:02 PM
I have 22 pieces of .222 remington brass once fired. Free shipping to whoever wants it.

returningfire
February 15, 2013, 08:14 AM
This thread is too good to not stay close to the top.
Bump

JC98
February 15, 2013, 08:53 AM
I have 500 Tula LPP and an almost full lb of titegroup, those would need to be local saint Louis area. Please only take them if you need them, they are out of my small stockpile and not meant for someone else's stockpile.

Also have a 100 or so 45 long colt once fired cases that I have collected and don't load for.
90-100 5.56/223....range pickup so not sure on if its once fired or not.

45 colt spoken for 223 still available.
223 spoken for by Tom

45lcshooter
February 15, 2013, 08:54 AM
I could use the 45lc brass, what you looking for?

Fire_Moose
February 15, 2013, 11:07 AM
Got a number 2 shellholder (.308) for the auto prime if anyone is interested.

Sent from my CZ85 Combat

rehorne
February 15, 2013, 11:59 AM
I have more 38 spl brass than I could ever use. Anyone need some pm me. It's once fired mixed headstamp, nickle and brass. It will ship as it comes out of the barrel. Will not seperate the nickle and brass. Will ship usps flat rate box.

Would rather ship to a newbie to get started. Please pm with your name and address.

Thanks
Robert

tom357mag
February 15, 2013, 08:25 PM
JC98,
I could use the .223 brass and I will go look for something to PIF

c.latrans
February 15, 2013, 08:29 PM
Hey fm...
I am out of the .243 business for the time being and have a broken box of Hornaday 100 grain SBBT bullets, maybe 40 or so left. If your son can use them, PM me your mailing address and they are all his to blaze away with. Wish I had more to give him, but its all the .243 stuff I have left. LMK.

tom357mag
February 15, 2013, 08:37 PM
I will put up a new in package Lee #4 shellholder for press , not the auto prime

poor man
February 15, 2013, 09:54 PM
i could use any 40 cal or 243 reloading things anybody has extra Il even pay the shipping.... thanks

fallout mike
February 15, 2013, 09:59 PM
Poorman, I can send you some cast 9mm 120gr TC bullets if you want them.

fallout mike
February 15, 2013, 10:15 PM
Sorry, I was thinking 9mm for some reason. You said .40. I am currently dry on .40

jbkebert
February 15, 2013, 10:20 PM
I have the following

Brass:

.38 spl mixed head stamp approx 300 spoken for
.45 acp mixed approx 50spoken for
.243 win mostly Hornady approx 100 Spoken For
.308 win mostly Hornady approx 120 spoken for two takers 60 each
.270 win Hornady approx 20

All once fired

Bullets

one bag of 100 Mid-Kansas Bullet company 350 grain .458 45/70 RNFP cast spoken for

poor man
February 15, 2013, 10:36 PM
fallout mike, thanks, i do have a few 9mm rounds left, i have dies for my 9 so when i get some bullets im going to load some target rounds :) thanks anyway but i dont "need" them right now so il leave them for somebody that does...

JC98
February 15, 2013, 11:09 PM
Poorman I could let a couple 100 .40 cal brass go don't have a ton but could send a few 100 cases your way. Lmk

poor man
February 15, 2013, 11:38 PM
JC98 PM sent

primalmu
February 16, 2013, 12:29 AM
Sent you a PM jbkebert.

I'll look through my stuff and see what I've got to PIF.

ali9cg8
February 16, 2013, 03:05 AM
I have quite a bit of 30.30 brass. Milspec. Anyone interested?

I really need some 9mm bullets (ha!) .308 bullets and 9mm brass. Now I'm really glad/sad that I only load for three calibers.

Havok7416
February 16, 2013, 04:06 AM
I have quite a bit of 30.30 brass. Milspec. Anyone interested?

I really need some 9mm bullets (ha!) .308 bullets and 9mm brass. Now I'm really glad/sad that I only load for three calibers.
How many 9mm bullets are you looking for? I have some Rainier plated 124 grainers but I will need a small pile to reload the brass I am generating.

grubbylabs
February 16, 2013, 02:55 PM
I could also offer up some 400 grain cast 45/70 RNFP bullets with lube and gas check they are sized to .460 and I have some cast 230 grain RNFP lubed and sized, I don't remember what I sized them to. But they shoot real well in my XD.

Shoot me a PM if interested in any of the cast bullets I have. I cast these from straight WW and air cool the 230 grain 45's but water drop the others.

primalmu
February 16, 2013, 09:04 PM
Alright guys, I've got some brass to PIF. Most have already been tumbled but have not otherwise been processed.

28 pieces 7.62x39mm Winchester brass - CLAIMED
32 pieces 40 S&W brass (mixed headstamp)
4 pieces .357 Sig brass (3 Winchester, 1 Speer)

Not much but its something. All I ask is $2 to help offset shipping (I'm a poor college student, have some pity!).

medalguy
February 16, 2013, 09:15 PM
ali9cg8 I'll take the 30-30 brass. I just picked up a 94 Win. pm inbound.

I'll also offer up a baggie of .10mm brass, maybe 35-40 pieces in there, range pickups but look like 1X fired. I found all of them last week at my favorite shooting spot and I don't have a 10mm.

medalguy
February 16, 2013, 09:19 PM
primalmu, I can use the 7.62 x 39 brass, thanks. pm inbound.

HiccaBurp
February 17, 2013, 01:35 AM
I could use the 10mm brass.

I also have some unprocessed .40, .38spc & .357 mag cases I could spare. I'll have to check.. but I also might have .44 of some sort? I'll go thru my brass and post back on here

Havok7416
February 17, 2013, 02:29 AM
I could use the 10mm brass.

I also have some unprocessed .40, .38spc & .357 mag cases I could spare. I'll have to check.. but I also might have .44 of some sort? I'll go thru my brass and post back on here
Will that give you enough 10mm HiccaBurp? I have a bunch but would hate to part with it if I don't have to.

HiccaBurp
February 17, 2013, 03:15 PM
Will that give you enough 10mm HiccaBurp? I have a bunch but would hate to part with it if I don't have to.
Havok7416, thank you for your kindness. I'm good since I don't shoot my 10mm much. Luckily i've got my 9's for sport shooting/range time. Trying to get enough to make a few test loads of self defense quality loads. Once I get the recipe the way I like it.. I'll hopefully find a couple hundred cases I can buy/barter and keep them on hand.

Now, if you have a need for something.. let me know. Would love to trade you for some 10mm. I might have stuff I could barter with. I still got a bucket full of brass to go thru.

Havok7416
February 17, 2013, 03:26 PM
The only things I can think of right now are .308 bullets (gremlins apparently ate my shipment of them), powders and primers. Let me figure out how many 10mm nickel cases I have, it should be somewhere around 50. I can send those at least.

HiccaBurp
February 17, 2013, 05:34 PM
The only things I can think of right now are .308 bullets (gremlins apparently ate my shipment of them), powders and primers. Let me figure out how many 10mm nickel cases I have, it should be somewhere around 50. I can send those at least.
Great! I might have some LR primers.. I think CCI. I bought a brick but haven't started reloading .308 yet.. I could possibly trade you some primers for some brass?

Fire_Moose
February 17, 2013, 08:09 PM
Dont mail primers.

Sent from my CZ85 Combat

Henry45
February 17, 2013, 09:13 PM
I found a new Redding Case lube pad and bottle of Redding lube. Unused. I'll gladly give it up to a newby. PM me.

HiccaBurp
February 17, 2013, 10:24 PM
Pm'ed ya!

Havok7416
February 18, 2013, 02:52 AM
Yeah unless you are local primers are all but useless for shipping/trading. I have a large order coming but I underordered for my large pistol primers. Oh well...

45lcshooter
February 18, 2013, 10:14 AM
anybody have 32acp fmj bullets laying around anywhere?

i picked up a 2 cav Lyman mold at the gun show yesterday, but also need a set of small handles for it.

i had a bunch of bullets a few years ago, then traded them off, a few weeks ago got a 32ap revolver and now kicking myself for getting ride of the bullets.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pay it Forward in Reloading" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!