Suppressor for 10mm?

PDA

maxsnafu
January 24, 2013, 11:53 AM
Does anyone make a suppressor for 10mm?

If you enjoyed reading about "Suppressor for 10mm?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SharpsDressedMan
January 24, 2013, 01:57 PM
If you plan on using subsonic 10mm loadings, any .45 suppressor will work. I have used my AWC can on a 1911 custom 10mm with equally good results, if not better, than the .45 weapons I use it on. Plus side is you can use it on BOTH caliber weapons, no additonal suppressors or tax stamps needed!

hq
January 25, 2013, 10:01 AM
That is correct. A suppressor doesn't have to be built exactly for a specific caliber for it to work on anything that's 'close enough'. Shooting .22 through a .45 can doesn't yield optimal results, of course, but a .45 can is usually a decent compromise for anything from 9mm up.

Rifle calibers can be a bit trickier because of much higher gas volume and pressure at the muzzle, but even a .338 can is workable on .223 if you don't want to buy a dedicated suppressor for each caliber or caliber range.

RyeDaddy
January 25, 2013, 03:32 PM
Silencerco will warranty their .45 Osprey for 10mm and there's several videos of it on a Glock 20 on Youtube.

If you enjoyed reading about "Suppressor for 10mm?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!