How long do i have to get my SBR and suppressor work through?

PDA

SilentStalker
January 24, 2013, 02:12 PM
I am just curious as to how long any of you think I might have to get my paperwork for a new SBR and suppressor through before they determine we should not be allowed to have any of this stuff?

If you enjoyed reading about "How long do i have to get my SBR and suppressor work through?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jkittle99
January 24, 2013, 02:27 PM
Nobody has a crystal ball of what will happen... But I'd say do it soon.. It's more fun to shoot than let sitting in parts :) For that reason and that reason alone :)

Sam1911
January 24, 2013, 02:46 PM
Is there even a hint of any new legislation pertaining to further restrictions of NFA items? I imagine you're JUST FINE. They'll blow enough political capital just trying to flog the losing horse of Ms. Fienstein's current bill.

jmorris
January 24, 2013, 03:48 PM
If they did anything that would take effect this year, your already too late.

Aaron Baker
January 24, 2013, 03:57 PM
As Sam said, no one has even floated the idea of restricting already-restricted NFA firearms any further.

SBRs might be affected by a new assault weapons ban in that new SBRs would have to comply with the new rules, but that's assuming that ban gets passed, which seems unlikely.

Aaron

Bubbles
January 24, 2013, 04:30 PM
Depends on your state legislature, as I don't see the feds touching laws regarding Title II firearms. For instance, there are concerns that the AW bill pending before the MD legislature will affect SBR's.

If you enjoyed reading about "How long do i have to get my SBR and suppressor work through?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!