Speed Six front sight roll pin issues

PDA

bikemutt
January 24, 2013, 08:58 PM
I almost lost the front sight at the range with my 9mm Speed Six, the roll pin was hanging by a thread. Now I can easily insert it and tap it out.

What's my best bet? Loc-Tite, new pin, try to expand the pin?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Speed Six front sight roll pin issues" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Cosmoline
January 24, 2013, 09:10 PM
A new pin would be my thought though parts are hard to come by for those revolvers. I keep an old whisky tube full of thin rods and tubes for such things. A brass pin, driven with a brass hammer and mashed on both ends to prevent drifting from recoil, should hold it good. You can find them at any hobby store. I've lost count of the number of times I've used them.

If you need to remove it at some point, you just use a steel drift pin and it knocks the brass right out.

Kp321
January 24, 2013, 09:32 PM
Roll pins are standard hardware items so should be available. Usually too long but easily cut to length with a Dremel cut-off wheel. A drop of Loc-Tite AfterLock should prevent future problems.

45crittergitter
February 26, 2013, 04:44 PM
Best to use an actual roll pin punch to install.

If you enjoyed reading about "Speed Six front sight roll pin issues" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!