Is a non-modified Remington 740 legal in California?

PDA

greenr18
January 24, 2013, 10:04 PM
Not sure if this should be in legal or not, but I am selling a Remington 740 online and a guy in California wants to bid on it. It has a four round magazine and I'm including a pistol grip stock that folds. The guy says since it's made anywhere from 1955-1959 that it can be shipped to him because he's a C&R and that this weapon does not violate any restrictions California has if I do not include the pistol grip stock. Is this correct? I don't want to get in trouble as I am not familiar with California's over-the-top gun laws, and generally do not sell guns to residents there but didn't take forbidding sales from there into consideration in my listing this time.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is a non-modified Remington 740 legal in California?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Teachu2
January 24, 2013, 10:06 PM
He is correct on it's legality in California. And you can ship the stock seperately.....

firesky101
January 24, 2013, 10:18 PM
As long as you ship it with the original stock attached a 740 is perfectly legal, even with those big extended capacity(10:what::rolleyes:) mags (that never work right:rolleyes:). The stock is legal to own as well, but putting it on the rifle without making the magazine fixed in some way would be creating an URAW (unregistered assault weapon for those of you in free states).

If you enjoyed reading about "Is a non-modified Remington 740 legal in California?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!