M1A Select Fire

PDA

MtnCreek
January 25, 2013, 01:58 PM
Interesting find on 'the broker'. M1A listed in the NFA section. Seller says it's an M1A Select Fire on a form 4.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=326742461

If you enjoyed reading about "M1A Select Fire" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CoRoMo
January 25, 2013, 03:41 PM
Seems to have some questionable details and the seller is lacking some knowledge and evidence. Someone should ask him to scan and post the form/stamp.

I recall reading that there are fewer than ten transferable M14s in this country.

AlexanderA
January 25, 2013, 05:43 PM
It's not an M14, it's a full-auto M1A.

Seems legit to me. According to Wikipedia, serial number 038770 is the "highest observed factory built select fire model."

The price may be a bit on the high side, but it's in the ballpark.

The gun in question has the semiautomatic op rod dismount notch on the receiver rail. I would guess it started out as a regular semiautomatic receiver, and the factory welded on the selector lug and made the other full-automatic alterations afterwards.

If you enjoyed reading about "M1A Select Fire" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!