Kansas congresswoman email reply

PDA

SiteManager
January 25, 2013, 07:32 PM
It's just a form letter but hey, she gets it.

Just a small report from the middle of nowhere and KC, which happens to be what we call around here, God's country.

Dear Mr. SiteManager:

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about the recent gertragedy in Connecticut and your opposition to proposals to expand gun control laws in response to the tragedy. As your representative in Washington, I want you to know that I value your thoughts and concerns.

I extend my condolences to the family and friends of victims in Newtown, Connecticut. What happened at Sandy Hook Elementary School is an inexplicable tragedy, and every parentís worst nightmare. In the future, I hope we can have an honest discussion about what causes tragedies like this one, and how we can prevent them from happening. In that discussion, we need to focus on how our country approaches mental health. It is my hope that we ensure all families have access to resources and support in order to prevent mentally unstable individuals from harming themselves and others. Prevention must start with improving accessibility and affordability so that folks can get the care they need.

I believe that at its core, the problem is not the absence of law, but the lack of respect for human life. While additional gun control measures will have little impact on criminals, they will have the most significant adverse effect on law-abiding citizens. Growing up in rural Kansas, I've known from a young age that as Americans, we cherish our right to keep and bear arms. As your representative, I will work to ensure that right remains intact.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please never hesitate to call, email, or write if you have any issues or concerns on your mind. Also feel free to visit my website at www.lynnjenkins.house.gov where you can see what I have been up to and sign up for my weekly newsletter.

Sincerely,

Lynn Jenkins, CPA
Member of Congress

If you enjoyed reading about "Kansas congresswoman email reply" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
josiewales
January 25, 2013, 10:29 PM
Sounds promising!

If you enjoyed reading about "Kansas congresswoman email reply" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!