Security Cameras? HELP!

PDA

saenzrich
January 26, 2013, 07:21 PM
Could someone help point me in the proper direction for a decent/good camera system? I want something that is capable of watching from any computer, is constantly recording...so I can go back and view past recordings, has clear picture...not a fuzzy image of who attempts to vandalize, but can definitely show who it was, cost within reason...I dont live in a mansion probably 5 or 6 cameras...
I know nothing about this subject and would like a decent system...but we are a family on a budget but know this cost money ... so if you could plz direct as to some suggestions...systems...sites...or what do you have and why?

If you enjoyed reading about "Security Cameras? HELP!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ehtereon11B
January 26, 2013, 09:58 PM
What are your preferences in the system? Wireless or wired cameras and rough price range?

saenzrich
January 26, 2013, 10:07 PM
We can do the wiring ourselves...hopefully this will bring down cost. I was hoping there would be decent options for 500 or less.

cbpagent72
January 27, 2013, 10:24 PM
A D-link DCS-5222L would be a good option for you.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

idoono
January 28, 2013, 11:04 PM
GE makes a good one that is color/IR. The view at night looks just like a B&W TV. You can tell who it is even at night. Get at least a 400 meg DVR to record at least 30 days worth of video for a 4 camera system. If you have a Graybar electrical supply house in your area you can start there. That is where I got mine from. Not an endorsement of Graybar just where I purchased mine.

Idoono

fallout mike
January 28, 2013, 11:39 PM
5 or 6 decent cameras for $500 doesn't exist. Decent cameras are in the $150-$200 range each. Your price range for what you want will get you the gun equivalent of hipoint. Functional but leaves lots to be desired.

fallout mike
January 28, 2013, 11:42 PM
This thread should be in strategies, tactics, training.

Steve H
January 28, 2013, 11:46 PM
https://www.dropcam.com/ ????

fallout mike
January 28, 2013, 11:47 PM
Ive always used above average stuff as my standard systems. A complete 4 camera system from me is roughly $4000. If the customer wants crappy equipment I can do that for cheaper. If the customer wants the best stuff then it will be more than that. My basic dvr I use costs me $1600. And that's just the dvr.

Owen
January 30, 2013, 08:09 PM
Off topic

If you enjoyed reading about "Security Cameras? HELP!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!