New angle for anti gun control

PDA

danimalace
January 27, 2013, 06:04 AM
OK guys and gals, this is a different angle that I think might work for us. This argument has worked for me in the past and i want to share it with you. All of these anti gun advocates want to take away something that is dear to us. So the correct reply would be to attack something that is dear to them. While this is not a High Road approach, it does make the other side think about how it makes them feel to be in our shoes. When one of my liberal anti gun advocate friends talk about the AWB I simply mention to them that there are a lot of gun owners that are on their side about a lot of social issues. No matter what they feel, these gun owners will side with the pro second amendment representatives. Whether that means going against core issues that they feel strongly for or just ignoring issues that they would normally support. Basically what i am getting at is that antis would lose a large majority of their support for issues that they think are important because they want to regulate a inanimate object that kills less than 400 people a year!! Explain to them that they could lose what is important to them by taking what is important to us!!

If you enjoyed reading about "New angle for anti gun control" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Spike_akers
January 27, 2013, 06:49 AM
Understand that gun control has nothing to do with crime rates and criminal use. It is solely for taking guns out of the law abiding citizens hands to reduce chance of rebellion. People seem to over look that fact. Who do laws hurt? Law abiding citizens. And call me crazy, but I feel congress would like to see America as a police state.. I'm buckling up, because I'm anticipating one hell of a ride is on its way. Think about it, every time a country has imposed gun bans, severe changes occurred...

Plan2Live
January 27, 2013, 07:53 AM
With all due respect to the OP, we don't need a bunch of new ideas on countering the anti argument, we need one set of solid, succinct and easy to understand talking points that we are all singing. In this effort, the shotgun approach (no pun intended) isn't going to work.

And while we are fighting the main charge, bans on certain guns and magazine capacity, they are going to "back door" us using mental health provisions and compromising HIPPA.

If you enjoyed reading about "New angle for anti gun control" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!