My fix for a missing Drop tube Pacific Standard Powder Measure

PDA

Jimfern
January 27, 2013, 02:07 PM
A few weeks ago I picked up an old Pacific powder measure that was missing the drop tube assembly. A call into Hornady, who now own Pacific, informed me that they didn't have any of the parts I needed.

So, I poked around on the internet (ebay) and found a 3/4" OD seamless brass tube with .032" walls that not only fit inside the powder measure but also allowed a standard large RCBS powder meter screw to fit inside of it. So I bought the tube and with the addition of the RCBS (09009 Measuring Screw Crowned) and (09013 Measuring Cylinder Bushing) plus a hard plastic bushing that I drilled out to have a friction fit between the tube and cylinder bushing.

The end result is a functional powder measure. I hope my experiment helps others who may want to make their powder drops functional again.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30034065@N05/8421019498/in/photostream

If you enjoyed reading about "My fix for a missing Drop tube Pacific Standard Powder Measure" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "My fix for a missing Drop tube Pacific Standard Powder Measure" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!