glock + LW barrel problem

PDA

beeenbag
January 27, 2013, 01:49 PM
Ok, I have a G19 and a G26. I have a LW barrel for the 19, but LW says the 19 barrel can be used in the G26. My G26 when using the LW barrel has several FTE problems. The empty case will be in the chamber and a fresh round trying to feet, getting hung under the empty case. This only happens with the barrel in the g26.

The G19 runs fine with both factory and LW barrel.

The G26 runs fine with factory barrel.

The only reason I like using the LW is for my lead target loads. The rounds pass the plink test in the LW.

What could be going on here?

If you enjoyed reading about "glock + LW barrel problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
chris in va
January 27, 2013, 01:56 PM
Sorry I don't have a Glock, but the same exact thing happened with my CZ using lead reloads.

Two things fixed it. MecGar mag (factory mag is junk) and using a factory crimp die with a bit of taper crimp added. Mine would fire the round, try to extract but get hung up on the incoming round's case mouth. Once I 'slickened' up the case, problems disappeared.

beeenbag
January 27, 2013, 02:00 PM
The confusing part is that the round and barrel combo works fine in the G19, in turn making me think, G26 extractor, but the G26 runs fine with factory barrel. I am thinking now it may be something to do with the g26's action unlocking faster than the G19.

This one is tricky.

chris in va
January 27, 2013, 03:48 PM
I'm sure someone will be along shortly more familiar with the LW barrel. I've heard some teething issues that need tweaking.

Have you contacted LW yet?

beeenbag
January 27, 2013, 04:00 PM
ahh, Im not gonna send it back to LW, I have shot several matches using this barrel in my 19 without any hiccups. I will buy a different one for my 26 if I have to. I was just trying to figure out what the difference may be.

wally
January 27, 2013, 04:51 PM
With my LW barrel for my GLock 17L I found loads that functioned fine in the stock barrel needed a little more powder to get reliable ejection and slide lock back. I guess the extra velocity claims for the polygonal rifling have real merit. I tend to reload as light as will function, if you do the same maybe that is the issue.

Is it possible with the G26 to pull the slide back enough to pick up the next round from the magazine but not have the empty hit the ejector? If so, that and the above may explain what is happening.

beeenbag
January 27, 2013, 06:53 PM
Is it possible with the G26 to pull the slide back enough to pick up the next round from the magazine but not have the empty hit the ejector? If so, that and the above may explain what is happening.

Nope, I just tried it, after the case comes in contact with the ejector, the slide needs to go approx. 3/16ths further for the next rounds case head to pop up in front of the breech face.

Again, I don't think it is a round problem because the load I shoot in it when this happens is the same exact rounds that I have shot uspsa with using the exact same barrel in my g19.

Unless the stronger recoil spring in the g26 plays a role.

LW barrel + lead loads + Glock 19 = success
factory barrel + jacketed loads + Glock 19 = success
factory barrel + jacketed loads + Glock 26 = success
LW barrel + lead loads + Glock 26 = failure to extract almost every other round.

C0untZer0
January 27, 2013, 09:06 PM
This is a common post/occurance on GlockTalk. It's usually solved by playing with different spring strengths.

If you enjoyed reading about "glock + LW barrel problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!