What's wrong with my Maverick?

PDA

TarDevil
January 27, 2013, 05:01 PM
Just took a friend out to shoot a dozen or so shells, brought it back in the house and now it won't let me load anything into the tube.

Ideas? Something really stupid I'm overlooking?

If you enjoyed reading about "What's wrong with my Maverick?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TarDevil
January 27, 2013, 05:56 PM
Nothing? No ideas on how to budge the follower?

Hunterdad
January 27, 2013, 06:05 PM
Wow, less than an hour and you're already upset nobody responded.

Let me try....any chance that your maverick has the classic wood dowel in the mag tube?

TarDevil
January 27, 2013, 06:21 PM
I'm upset?

No, the dowel was previously removed.

thanks anyway though, I got it taken care of.

Edited to add, I was anxious to get it fixed because I have a flight to catch and did not want to leave a non functioning gun while I was away.

jonnyc
January 27, 2013, 09:48 PM
What was the problem???

Hunterdad
January 27, 2013, 11:09 PM
Ok then. Glad you got it fixed

TarDevil
January 27, 2013, 11:59 PM
What was the problem???
I dunno. But I broke a rule established from 40 years of flying, ten years building wooden boats, and my relatively few but educational years in firearms... I forced it.

I took the dowel and a light hammer and tapped the follower free.

If it repeats, though, it will need a visit back to Mossberg.

jonnyc
January 28, 2013, 10:14 AM
Give it a good whirl with synthetic-safe spray cleaner and a good penetrating lube.

TarDevil
January 28, 2013, 10:55 AM
Give it a good whirl with synthetic-safe spray cleaner and a good penetrating lube.
I'll give that a try. Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "What's wrong with my Maverick?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!