Why do you guys keep closing my threads?

PDA

timmy4
January 27, 2013, 11:19 PM
I don't get it. Seems to me we were having a civil discussion. Seems to me that most of the people in it, while disagreeing with me (no big surprise there!) were enjoying it. Are there people here, moderators or otherwise, who really don't want to debate these issues?

If so, I can take a hint. If you guys really don't want me in here, I'll leave. But I really was enjoying the discussion, and I've learned a lot.

If you enjoyed reading about "Why do you guys keep closing my threads?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
General Geoff
January 27, 2013, 11:20 PM
No, the mods wanted to close the threads while you were absent so as to limit the backlog you would have to read through upon returning. No malice intended. :)

skeeziks
January 27, 2013, 11:21 PM
Timmy, go back to the "magazine banning" thread to read Ken's message.

Regards,

Skeeziks

timmy4
January 27, 2013, 11:21 PM
OK, I just read the final post in the last thread. Message received. I don't see the point really, but if that's what you guys want, fine by me. Good luck to you.

BHP FAN
January 27, 2013, 11:26 PM
I kinda enjoyed the debate. Once all the points have been made, a no-funsky moderator will come along and lock the thread.

skeeziks
January 27, 2013, 11:30 PM
The Mod's have warned more than once..."No more calling him a Troll, or else!

These are the rules. Follow them or don't post. Simple.

Recon Ron
January 27, 2013, 11:38 PM
I'm not understanding why one would close a thread rather than temp ban members who do not contribute to a thread but rather post ad hominem attacks on a poster, but I am new here so I guess I am as confused as you timmy.

I also find it hard to believe that "all points have been made" on an argument considering how many variables there are in this world.

slamfirev10
January 27, 2013, 11:42 PM
"nothing new under the sun" is right more often wrong

skeeziks
January 27, 2013, 11:43 PM
Ron.... go to the last post in this thread to see what Ken the Mod said. It should clear things up for you:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=698918&page=9

BullfrogKen
January 27, 2013, 11:49 PM
Timmy,

You said earlier today you needed a break from this.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=8692974#post8692974
OK, now I have to leave, and this time I doubt I will be able to return for at least a couple days or so. Too much to do, and I've spent way more time than I should in this forum.

I want to apologize if I have offended anyone here. I very much enjoy the debate and discussion

We do, too.

Can we all simply take the break you say you needed and revisit this? Frankly the Staff is exhausted, too.

Seriously. We're not going to solve the world's problems in a weekend, or change your mind, either.

None of us are going anywhere.

That includes you, as we all see.

If you enjoyed reading about "Why do you guys keep closing my threads?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!