Manual for Pacific DL-105 shotshell reloader?

PDA

TamThompson
March 8, 2004, 09:26 PM
Would anyone happen to have a manual for an old Pacific DL-105 shotshell reloading press? I happened upon one at a gun store, and for $25 couldn't resist it. A little web research revealed that Pacific was bought by Hornady in around 1972, but I couldn't find a manual or even a schematic.

If anyone has this manual, I'd be happy to pay for copying and postage to get a copy.

Many thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Manual for Pacific DL-105 shotshell reloader?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cdbeaver
March 9, 2004, 03:22 PM
If you have difficulty in obtaining an operator's manual, You might want to contact Hornady Mfg. of Grand Island, Nebraska. That company bought out Pacific and Deitemeier some years ago and may have on file the information you need.

Address is:

Hornady Mfg. Co.
Box 1848
Grand Island, Nebr. 68803

Phone: 308-382-1390

On-line: www.hornady.com

dodgestdshift
March 9, 2004, 10:13 PM
I own a DL 155. Be very careful when loading large numbers of cases. The design of the 155 has the powder riding up and down on the press with the handle. If you aren't careful the load becomes richer and richer as you load more cases. I made a powder baffle from a can top, and after 100 rounds I would start over. I think it manditory that you have a powder scale, and watch the powder weight religiously.

TEXAS LAWMAN
March 13, 2004, 06:57 PM
Tam, I clicked on the hornady link ( found in the next message after yours -- www.hornady.com ) and found your Pacific 105 press listed. I could not bring up a manual but did access the parts sheet.

Try calling HORNADY at (800)338-3220.

TamThompson
March 16, 2004, 04:50 PM
Thanks, Texas Lawman. I found the same parts list, and I've sent an e-mail about a manual to Hornady.

pacific_reloaders
January 4, 2008, 12:25 PM
Hornady is pretty bad about e-mail request, so if they haven't gotten back to you yet, I would give them a call. They send them out for free. If you need the owners manual, but don't feel like calling, my website has a complete owner's manual of the DL-105 and all other existing Pacific Presses. The address is http://pacificreloaders.awardspace.com/Pacific%20DL-105.htm

Rick Hardy
March 23, 2008, 04:32 PM
I have a Pacific DL-105 owners manual I'd be happy to send you a photo copy of. I still use my DL-105 for all my 2 3/4" 12 & 20 ga. reloading. E-mail me: hardyfour@hotmail.com

armexman
September 3, 2008, 03:01 PM
Do any of the responders know of a good source for bushings?

MMCSRET
September 3, 2008, 03:41 PM
I believe all the current Hornady bushings are compatible with the Pacific presses. Ask Hornady.

_DMC
September 4, 2008, 12:16 AM
Set-up instructions for the 105:

http://pacificreloaders.awardspace.com/Pacific%20DL-105.htm

DC

R1Gabbard
February 6, 2009, 12:48 PM
I have the manual for the Paficic DL 105, and the Pacific reloading tools booklet AND the Dupont Handloader's guide that came with my loader. You are welcome to copies of each. Email: R1Gabbard@aol.com

Ball00
March 2, 2009, 11:45 PM
I just inherited a Pacific DL 155 from my father. Its probaly 40 years old. I'm looking for info so I can start to reload my trap loads. I'am a reloading novice, so any info is good info, in my eyes. I have 7 or 8 bushings plus some shot components(3 Brands of once fired hulls and a bag of 7 1/2 shot).

Thanks, Ball00

If you enjoyed reading about "Manual for Pacific DL-105 shotshell reloader?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!