Are there any reverse-pump action shotguns in the US for sale?

PDA

greenr18
January 28, 2013, 03:23 PM
Are there any reverse-pump action shotguns in the US for sale? As in, shotguns that pump forward not backwards. I know they aren't very common designs, but I wouldn't mind having one over a regular pump-action since I seem to always feel like the pump goes out uncomfortably forward when racked closed on pump actions...

If you enjoyed reading about "Are there any reverse-pump action shotguns in the US for sale?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sav .250
January 28, 2013, 03:53 PM
What?

rcmodel
January 28, 2013, 04:04 PM
John browning designed one in the late 1800's.

It was such an odd idea it was never put in production.

Perhaps you would be better served by a double-barrel if pumps are too long for you.

rc

oneounceload
January 28, 2013, 04:51 PM
Or a good semi - gas or inertia

XTrooper
January 28, 2013, 05:20 PM
Get yourself a double-barreled shotgun. You won't have any uncomfortable pumping to deal with.

Fred Fuller
January 28, 2013, 05:43 PM
I don't know of any of the South African Neosteads that ever made it to the US - http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/safr/neostead-e.html

That's the only push-pull design I know of...

Ehtereon11B
January 29, 2013, 04:45 PM
I think a shotgun with a shorter pump length would be easier to find than an obscure JMB creation. The KSG from Kel-tec immediately jumps to mind. Or you can try something completely new with the SRM 1216 semi-automatic.

ahil925
January 29, 2013, 05:11 PM
The Russians also have a pump-forward shotgun, just good luck importing it.

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/rus/rmb-93-e.html

RSVP2RIP
January 29, 2013, 09:15 PM
Maybe you need a shorter stock? Other than that, a long forearm that will cover the loading port when retracted or a semiauto would be the ticket...or a double gun.

TurtlePhish
January 29, 2013, 09:20 PM
I believe there are a couple of Neosteads in the US, and I mean a couple. I don't think you'll ever see one for sale, though.

I can't back that up, but I recall reading of someone having one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are there any reverse-pump action shotguns in the US for sale?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!