This is crazy

PDA

dragon68
January 28, 2013, 04:18 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221176720708 :banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "This is crazy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
capreppy
January 28, 2013, 04:21 PM
Wow. That is kinda insane.

7075-T7
January 28, 2013, 04:23 PM
Someone REALLY wanted those dies.

tightgroup tiger
January 28, 2013, 04:37 PM
Desperate times lead to desperate measures I guess. Not for me though. I can still buy them at my LGS for $49.95, but I'm sure this fellow couldn't.

I was looking at a $33.00 shell plate for a LNL-AP for .223 last night on Ebay that was up to $75.00 and the auction wasn't over yet.

More panic buying.

Cosmoline
January 28, 2013, 04:39 PM
I bought those exact dies three weeks back for $35. I guess folks are starting to realize they need to handload. Glad I have a backstock of primers!

sgte5
January 28, 2013, 04:45 PM
I'm starting to think, by the way people are buying, that we gun folks, are our own worst enemies. As long as we pay the price, things won't be getting any better any time soon. Free enterprize I guess!!

tightgroup tiger
January 28, 2013, 04:58 PM
SGTE5,
I don't think that the seasoned reloaders are causing any of this. It the newbes that are jumping on the bandwagon buying everything in site and paying rediculous prices.

It makes it really hard for the rest of us who reload for the love of it.

Cosmoline
January 28, 2013, 05:00 PM
Well on the plus side it means more hand loaders in the long term which will mean more supply and lower costs. Eventually. Unfortunately this has been a niche activity with small supply chains.

JSmith
January 28, 2013, 05:10 PM
I guess he had to have 'em NOW. Midway sell them for 100.00 less, but they're backordered.

The guy who owns my LGS says shortages, backordering, and panic buying like this can take a year to sort out. I bought the last of his 231 half an hour ago. And I cannot seem to get an XDs for love nor money.

sgte5
January 28, 2013, 05:23 PM
Yes, this is the worst I've seen it in my four decades of reloading. Usually it's just one component, thats hard to find. Now it's just about everything. I know it makes me ration my reloading sessions. These winters are too long, not to have something indoors to do. Good luck to all.

silicosys4
January 28, 2013, 05:44 PM
Damn. Were things this crazy the last panic?
When I bought 3 lbs of varget, 4lbs of unique, 7lbs of clays, 3k small pistol primers and 2k large rifle primers right after christmas, I thought I was being paranoid, and was kind of mad at myself for succumbing to the "hoarding" syndrome.
Now I'm glad I had, and wished I had bought more, (projectiles and brass) not because I'm worried that I'll never be able to get more, but that I'm worried that I'll be out (spp's, mostly) long before there are more in stock.

Seriously. Do you think the wait for primers, brass, and projectiles will be as long as the wait for loaded ammo to be back in stock?

NeuseRvrRat
January 28, 2013, 05:46 PM
but here's my number
so call me maybe

kerreckt
January 28, 2013, 05:47 PM
Not a bad price if they were made of gold.

If you enjoyed reading about "This is crazy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!