My suggestions for Newt & other Piers opponents

PDA

AKElroy
January 28, 2013, 05:24 PM
Two days ago, I'm skimming channels and perk up seeing Newt Gingrich on Piers Morgan's show. I am generally unable to watch Morgan, I don't have the temperment, but I figure Newt is a smart guy, certainly able to hold his own aginst this simpleton. I was disappointed.

Morgan floats his usual "Well, we banned machine guns 78 years ago. Are you in favor of allowing Americans access to fully-automatic machine guns"? Gingrich said no, that would be bazaar. Having conceaded the gun control ground, Newt then had to argue how the current crop of "allowable" weapons are covered by the 2A, while implying the other is not.

The proper answer to that is that machine guns ARE currently legal, with over 240,000 privately owned in this country, with only 1 single confirmed murder attributable to a machine gun in the last 70 years. That, by the way, was a police officer silencing an informant. That record of safety needs to be used often in debate.

Piers often makes some tired reference to the founders having muskets in mind when penning the RKBA, and would certainly see the danger of "permitting" todays weapons in private hands.

He completely ignores that we won a revolution with cannons, rockets, numerous incendiary devices and bombs, and the afformentioned muzzleloaders. It was obviously ALL of these munitions our founders had in mind when protecting our RKBA.

I have yet to see any of his opponents note that like "machine" guns, these items are all CURRENTLY LIKEWISE LEGAL, with statistically ZERO confirmed murders attributable to their use. In fact, many of them are far easier to procure than MG's registered prior to 1986, and yet our neighborhoods are not overly prone to cannon or rocket fire.

I could go on, as Piers regurgitates the same ridiculous extremes of whether a private citizen should be allowed to own artillary, fighter jets, submarines, tanks, APC's, etc...

I have news for you, Piers. None of these items are prohibited from private ownership either. And yet, even with this GIANT oversite of lacking regulation, our neighborhoods are not burning to the ground.

Final point for anyone battling Piers: Why does anyone "Need" a thirty round magazine? Because powerful, really well armed people do not want us to have them.

If you enjoyed reading about "My suggestions for Newt & other Piers opponents" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AKElroy
January 28, 2013, 06:26 PM
Another thought Piers. The next time you interview the president, please ask him if he would feel more protected if his agents were to lay down their full-auto MP-5's & 30 round mags, Glocks / Sigs w/ 17+ round mags in favor of 7 round SA's?

How about Mayer Doomberg -- When will you ask him if he would feel better protected if his detail is limited to 7 rounds?

Andrew Q? When will you interview him to determine if he would feel safer with his detail of goons limited to 7 rounds.

Incidentally, our leaders are exempt from the Feinstien bill. I'm sure that was an oversite, I am sure you will ask why when you have Diane on the program. Just as I'm sure you will ask why DHS just ordered 7,000 AR15's and 1.5 Billion rounds of ammo the next time big Sis drops in. I'm sure it's to keep us safe. Ooh -- Wait -- That can't be because according to these people, these particular weapons cause mayhem. I'm confused. I'm sure you will ask why they bought them, Piers.

The google machine yielded an interesting stat. Of the 240,000 currently privately owned machine guns, 30,300 of them are in Virginia. That is a HUGE concentration of firepower in one bitty state. Reckon if the proximity to the well-protected ruling elites has anything to do with that?

So why do these extremely well armed, extremely powerful rulers want us to be satisfied with less effective arms than they themselves enjoy for protection? Please ask them, Piers.

You know what? It's OK, dude. Don't worry about it. We know the answer. They are FAR MORE IMPORTANT than us.

AK103K
January 28, 2013, 06:28 PM
I was disappointed.
I was too. Id seen him on with Anderson Cooper a little while back, and was impressed with his performance there. I was hoping he would go on Morgans show, but Morgan is a trip, and does the old fingers in the ears, LA LA LA LA LA LA thing when you put him on the spot with facts, so I guess it was to be expected.

Like you, I dont understand why no one ever counters their machine gun claims. Seems like every time its brought up, the pro gun people shrug and shut up.

Ive owned Title II firearms and other goodies most of my adult life, and have had to constantly explain to people that they were in fact legal to own, and many of those who told me they were not, were gun people! I swear, we're really our own worst enemies.

I suppose thats why the NRA has done nothing to get the 86 ban overturned, they probably dont know either. :rolleyes:

AK103K
January 28, 2013, 06:32 PM
Another thought Piers. The next time you interview the president, please ask him if he would feel more protected if his agents were to lay down their full-auto MP-5's & 30 round mags, Glocks / Sigs w/ 17+ round mags in favor of 7 round SA's?
Like healthcare and a few other things, our reps should have to get exactly what we get, or we get exactly what they get.

No exceptions.

Personally, I think they should all be fired, and for a multitude of reasons.

Why arent they facing recalls as we type? The hell with waiting for the next election!

mrvco
January 28, 2013, 08:04 PM
Remember when you learned that Professional Wrestling wasn't real and they started calling it Sports-Entertainment?

Say hello to News-Entertainment.

beatledog7
January 28, 2013, 08:25 PM
Piers Morgan gets the meager ratings he has by being an antagonistic little panty-waisted shrew. He's sort of the CNN answer to Jerry Springer.

The best way to beat him is to decline the invitation to appear on his show. If all the pro-2A people simply said no thanks I won't appear because you're not worth my time, he'd shut up (as soon as he accused us all of being afraid to face off with him).

If you enjoyed reading about "My suggestions for Newt & other Piers opponents" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!