Renaissance Wax

PDA

Snake Plisskin
January 29, 2013, 01:25 AM
Has anyone used Renaissance Wax on their blued handguns and was the result good ??? ( Some before and after photos would be nice ) Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Renaissance Wax" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ColtPythonElite
January 29, 2013, 01:40 AM
Johnson paste wax from your favorite hardware store will give outstanding results for lesso money. I use it on my blue guns.

dirtyjim
January 29, 2013, 09:09 AM
I use it on rifles that are going to be stored for several years.at a time, but I use johnsons paste wax for the rifles I use a lot

4v50 Gary
January 29, 2013, 11:09 AM
Renaissance Wax is the best. However, since it is expensive, I'd use it on guns that aren't going to be shot. I'd take Rig Gun grease for a working gun.

rcmodel
January 29, 2013, 04:43 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=4110525&postcount=7

rc

C0untZer0
January 29, 2013, 04:58 PM
You have to be careful with paste wax - make sure it has no abrasives in it and that it is PH neutral. Renaissance Wax is a gentle wax.

I started using Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus Paste Wax for the exterior of the Glock slide. I called Meguiar's and spoke to a customer service rep he verified that it is PH neutral and has no abrasives in it. Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus Paste Wax is also fairly oily.

I waxed the slide on my G34 and I like it. It is easier to cycle the slide than if it had a light coat of oil on it. And it's more protected than if the slide were wiped completely dry and my slide has a fairly hydrophobic coating on top of the gun's finish.

If I'm not going shooting for a while, I'll put another coat of wax on it.

Here's a picture of my Glock 17L with a few coats of Meguiar's Gold Class on it.

It's obvioulsy not going to shine like a gun with a deep blue finish. but here it is anyway:

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=165737&d=1338904143

If you enjoyed reading about "Renaissance Wax" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!