Where can I get .358" sized 9mm LRN?

PDA

1KPerDay
January 29, 2013, 01:38 PM
I'm almost out of my last order of MBC "smallball" which were mistakenly sized .358-.359" and which are very accurate out of my .357" barreled P226 and 92FS. I've tried the standard smallball .356" and I get leading.

I don't expect MBC to cater to me and custom size some (although I contacted them several months ago and they said they could, and would get back to me), particularly during the current chaos.

Does anyone know of an outfit that offers different diameters of common bullets, on an "on the shelf" basis?

I don't really want to switch bullets because I have a really accurate and reliable load worked up, but I guess I'll take what I can get. :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Where can I get .358" sized 9mm LRN?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mdi
January 29, 2013, 01:46 PM
http://www.beartoothbullets.com/bulletselect/index.htm Flat nose to .358" though. Good product, very good company to deal with...

sellersm
January 29, 2013, 02:50 PM
I'd give MBC a chance. They've always done right by me!!

wankerjake
January 29, 2013, 04:48 PM
Most outfits will size them to order, no? Pretty sure you only need ask. I know Zcastbulletz.com will size them .358"

Dardas will too, they have diameter select options.

1KPerDay
January 29, 2013, 06:47 PM
I'd give MBC a chance. They've always done right by me!!
believe me, I'm an MBC fan. But I can't wait months for these. I did give them a chance, he said he'd get back to me, and then I'm sure got overwhelmed/busy. I feel guilty bothering them for a custom run during the current crisis.

Which is why I asked for alternatives.

1KPerDay
January 29, 2013, 06:49 PM
http://www.beartoothbullets.com/bulletselect/index.htm Flat nose to .358" though. Good product, very good company to deal with...
did I read that right? $.20/each for lead 9mm bullets?

Hondo 60
January 29, 2013, 11:01 PM
Yup $20.00/100 Yikes, that's expensive.
I wouldn't pay that for jacketed bullets, much less lead.
Although they do appear to be gas checked, but still...

I'd call MBC & ask, if they can't, they'll say so.

No need to feel guilty.

flipajig
January 29, 2013, 11:58 PM
That is why I cast my Own. I have 3 different molds for the 9 mm a round nose, round nose flat point and a hollow point. My 9 mm likes them sized at 358 also.
Flip

If you enjoyed reading about "Where can I get .358" sized 9mm LRN?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!