Southern Maine - Join the Fight...

PDA

mcdonl
January 29, 2013, 03:44 PM
Hi folks, I have been doing my best to get my local club members and representatives to help squash this (and ANY) proposed gun control.

At our next club meeting (Buxton & Hollis Rod and Gun) the executive director for the Sportsman Alliance of Maine will be the guest speaker and he will be talking about how us ("The club") and the members can battle these current proposed bans. Also, he will be focusing some time on AR-15's as hunting rifles and self defense rifles as a strategic plan to convert some of the hunters who were duped by the "approved" list therefor not caring about the ban.

I am shooting for the NRA "Grader" for Maine to come to the March meeting to cover how they grade politicians, but I have not confirmed that yet.

All meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7:00 and we welcome new members.

PM Me if you want to know specifics.

If you enjoyed reading about "Southern Maine - Join the Fight..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mcdonl
January 31, 2013, 08:02 AM
An update, if I can convince the club to become a club level SAM member on our officers meeting on 2/5 all club members will get 50% off the individual membership.

Ryanxia
January 31, 2013, 09:58 AM
That's great keep it up. While I'm not a member of that club and a bit further south, be sure to let us Mainers know what actions we can take/help with. There are lots of us down in York county that have been writing our reps and donating to the NRA-ILA fund.

We certainly want to make sure on the State level we keep our Rights too.

mcdonl
January 31, 2013, 02:38 PM
You got it Ryan, will do.

I spoke with Senator King's office after a couple of attempts and they indicated that SAM was the best place to start on our side.

I am also active in trying to keep HSUS from terrorizing trappers at the same time so I have a couple of fights on my hands.

Downeast
January 31, 2013, 05:35 PM
I don't know if Aaron Libby is one of your Reps, but in one of his e-mail responses to me he stated he was introducing Wyoming style legislation in Maine whereby any new federal law which attempts to restrict owning any semi-automatic firearm or limit the capacity of a firearm magazine or impose any other restriction on firearms or firearms owners shall be unenforceable within the borders of the state.

mcdonl
February 1, 2013, 08:05 AM
I have been working with John Kinney but I will ask him about this. The more support the better.

Our senators have been pretty quite about the proposed ban. I'm waiting for one to come out against it but I doubt they will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ryanxia
February 1, 2013, 08:42 AM
I just sent an e-mail to Aaron Libby asking to confirm if he was doing this. If so we all need to work hard to get it supported and pushed through. I asked if it's something we should be contacting our other reps about now or wait until it's a little more concrete.

Downeast
February 1, 2013, 12:26 PM
I found this bill request being introduced in this session by Rep Johnson.

LR 1210 Rep. Johnson of Eddington
Title: An Act To Prohibit the Enforcement of Federal Law Placing Restrictions on Firearms or Ammunition. :D

There are a lot of firearms related bills (many anti) being submitted for consideration. They start on page 20 of the linked document below.

http://www.maine.gov/legis/lio/126publications/Requests%20By%20Index%20Subject%20(R2LRsBySubject).pdf

mcdonl
February 1, 2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks Downeast!! This is helpful!!

mcdonl
February 1, 2013, 01:38 PM
These are from my town next door and I want to meet this man...

LR 1973 Rep. Libby of Waterboro
Title: An Act To Prohibit Enforcement of Federal Laws Regarding Firearms That Are in Violation of the United States Constitution

LR 338 Rep. Libby of Waterboro
Title: An Act To Enhance Self-defense by Removing Restrictions on the Carrying and Use of Weapons

If you enjoyed reading about "Southern Maine - Join the Fight..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!