Caught a brief mention of ammo on the news

PDA

chris in va
January 29, 2013, 06:07 PM
We all know the .gov has attacked ammo for a while. Sorry I don't have a firm link but it was mentioned they would try to renew EPA restrictions on lead, and crack down on ranges where it is fired.

That would be a very sneaky way to curtail firearm use. I really wish someone would come up with a way to cast zinc bullets reliably in case legislation gets passed in the wee hours when nobody is watching.:scrutiny:

If you enjoyed reading about "Caught a brief mention of ammo on the news" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ryanxia
January 29, 2013, 06:11 PM
I see the anti-gunners losing steam, there's been talk about the EPA thing but I don't see any Bills on it yet. Not to mention right now they're not really attacking your average hunter's guns but if they did that then they would be getting those last hold outs (you know, ban their guns as long as I can keep mine) on board with us.

tyeo098
January 29, 2013, 06:23 PM
They can't.

The EPA does not, and continually says they do not, have that authority.

NeuseRvrRat
January 29, 2013, 07:20 PM
the CDC would be a bigger concern when it comes to lead restrictions. not that the CDC can restrict it, but it can fund research that says it's dangerous, which can then inspire legislation.

USAF_Vet
January 29, 2013, 09:17 PM
Lead comes from the earth. I'm just helping it get back home.

jamesbeat
January 29, 2013, 09:32 PM
Elemental (ie metallic) lead poses very little danger to the environment.

RetiredUSNChief
January 29, 2013, 10:04 PM
Zinc has its own health issues, as well.

Queen_of_Thunder
January 29, 2013, 11:39 PM
Birth is the #1 cause of Death.

bushmaster1313
January 29, 2013, 11:43 PM
There is a pesky statute which says that lead can't be regulated as hazardous waste.

Politicians spewing hot air are the Number 1 contributor to global warming.

jerkface11
January 30, 2013, 11:13 AM
There's a law requiring a budget every year and another that requires quarterly reports on the "stimulus" plan too.

If you enjoyed reading about "Caught a brief mention of ammo on the news" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!