Co-Workers from Belgium - converted

PDA

jmace57
January 29, 2013, 07:31 PM
I have two colleagues from Belgium in town working on a project with me. They were asking me about Newtown, gun control, etc. They were asking why I had an AR, why I have a CHL and other questions. I am not a hunter (any more), but love collecting and shooting targets. I said my reason was "fun". I said that they should try shooting sometime. It so happened that another co-worker had already invited them to go shooting and see what it was all about. That happened last weekend.

They had a fantastic time, shooting 3 different AR's and someone there even let them shoot his 50 cal rifle when he heard they were foreigners shooting their first time. They came in Monday and couldn't talk about anything else. Not that it does us any good, but it did my heart good to see how one trip to the range can change someone's mind.

If you enjoyed reading about "Co-Workers from Belgium - converted" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
c4v3man
January 29, 2013, 07:47 PM
Not that it does us any good
Exposing those from other countries to the benefits of gun ownership can help, especially in a world of global communications. It's effects can even be felt here when they communicate with friends, who communicate with their own American friends, etc.

Sadly, not even a good shooting experience will change some die-hard anti's, but for the most part, it's a successful way to spread the message!

Now I just gotta work on a foreign accent so I can get someone to let me shoot a .50...

Captain33036
January 29, 2013, 08:38 PM
Good on ya! We should all do more of this.

I converted a die hard anti, Australian gentleman friend of a friend. He was completely brain washed before. After a fun range session shooting my SIGs (226, 228, 229)..... He was SOLD. Said the current PM was a friend of his and he would have a chat.

Every good conversation helps. And gaining friends.

I also converted two female friends both Immediately went out and bought guns (M&P's).

Working on another friend.

Don't stop, don't give up and don't give in.

(Now that I think of it, I should call my 226, the "Ambassador", for all the people it has brought into shooting.... :))

tekarra
January 29, 2013, 09:30 PM
Good on you. We did the same with some Japanese several years ago.

Grassman
January 29, 2013, 09:34 PM
Same kinda thing with me a while back. Some close friends we hang out with a bunch, always question why I need a CHL, or my AR or all my pistols. Not really condemning me, but just didn't understand it. Took em shooting some pistols, and rifles and they loved it. Always asking when are we going again!

If you enjoyed reading about "Co-Workers from Belgium - converted" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!