Firestorm Gov't 45 question

PDA

poor man
January 29, 2013, 11:42 PM
Hi yall just picked up a Firestorm Gov't 45 today seems to be in real nice shape, its tight and shoot great, can anybody tell me anything about it? like the year? thanks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/shan38574/IMG955300.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Firestorm Gov't 45 question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
powwowell
January 30, 2013, 12:37 AM
Is this the MetroArms Firestorm? I had one. Got it used from the gun shop. After the excitement died down, I noticed that the front sight was milled at a slight downward angle, to the left. Well, if it hit where aimed, the milling problem wouldn't matter. At the range the real problem arose. The gun wouldn't feed reliably. The breech face had pock marks. Actual, small holes around the firing pin. No fix for this except a new slide.

Check the front sight and the breech face. Your pistol probably doesn't suffer from these defects. I have heard some good things about Firestorms.

poor man
January 30, 2013, 11:23 AM
im not sure if its a metro arms :(

Snowdog
January 30, 2013, 03:52 PM
Isn't Firestorm made by the folks at what used to be Llama?

DanTheFarmer
January 30, 2013, 05:02 PM
O.k., I gave a nice long answer that got sucked into the electron black hole of the internet.

Here's a short version.
Firestorm imports pistols made by various manufacterers. In the recent past they imported 1911's made by Metro Arms in the Phillipines. I have one and love it. They have a good reputation for value for the money. It is the same pistol as the American Classic. The factory dropped one rollmark to concentrate on the other, similar to how GM dropped Pontiac to try and concentrate on Chevy.

In the more distant past Firestorm 1911's were made by Llama in Spain. These are quickly identified by their external extractor. These don't have such a good reputation. Reputation doesn't count for squat if your pistol shoots accurately and functions well. Best of luck either way!

Firestorm pistols are often called Bersa's because Bersa makes their most popular pistols, a 380 ACP very similar to Bersa's also popular Bersa Thunder 380. Bersa has, or does, make pistols for Firestorm in 22lr, 9mm, and 45 ACP. Firestorm also does, or recently has, imported 38 spl revolvers from a manufacturer in the Philllpines.

Again, Good Luck.

Dan

poor man
January 30, 2013, 05:43 PM
thanks Danthefarmer,

it does say R S A ent inc on the side of the recever also made in spain, and what looks like a 20 digit serial number with a lot of ---- in it

MAKster
January 30, 2013, 11:39 PM
RSA Enterprises is an importer. They imported Llama pistols.

gbran
January 31, 2013, 12:25 AM
My boy has the Commander sized Firestorm. I didn't expect much given the cost, but this thing has been a rock solid good shooter.

If you enjoyed reading about "Firestorm Gov't 45 question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!