PMC component bullets

PDA

bobnob
January 30, 2013, 09:42 AM
I picked up 2 boxes of PMC .277 cal 130g soft point bullets the other day. They were near giving them away for this part of the world so I thought why not.

They looked like really old stock, orange boxes faded a lot.

I wondered if anyone knows anything about the PMC projectiles? They look virtually identical to a Speer Hotcor, so much so I would swear they are the same bullet, but the box says made in the Republic of Korea.

Anyone know anything more about these bullets? I can't find anything much about them on the net.

If you enjoyed reading about "PMC component bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kerreckt
January 30, 2013, 11:21 AM
Their ammo works well for me. I have used PMC .224 55gr. projectiles and they worked just fine. That is my only experience with PMC components.

bobnob
January 31, 2013, 12:18 AM
For those that might be interested, I sectioned one of these PMC bullets along with the Speer Hotcor counterpart, given how similar I first thought they were...

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh543/bobnoble17/IMG_20130131_101418-1.jpg
The PMC on the left, Hotcor on the right.

On closer inspection the PMC is slightly longer with a more gradual taper. In the flesh the jacket of the PMC seemed ever so slightly more thick as well. Sorry the photo is not outstanding.

They look to be a solid if very conventional design. I will test them on the pigs and wild goats around here to see how they go.

GooseGestapo
January 31, 2013, 07:13 AM
The only PMC ammo I've ever used was some 7mm08 from early 2,000's.
Mine was actually loaded with Hornady 139gr PtSpt's.

Ammo was/is "HOT". As in 2,900fps (chrono'd) from my 20"bbl.

Reloading the brass was "interesting". Reloaded ammo wouldn't chamber except with considerable force and a mid-range "starting" load showed excessive pressure....

I eventually discovered that the brass necks were oversized for my chamber. I neck-turned the brass with my Forester hand-neck turner. Now, they are my most accurate brass for this particular rifle...
Brass IS PMC manufactured.... It is thicker and softer than U.S. sourced brass...

If you enjoyed reading about "PMC component bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!