requesting accuracy opinions

PDA

wert
January 30, 2013, 09:46 PM
I purchased a 1981 winchester 300 magnum laredo classic lrh, with the boss system on the end of the barrell . My question is how accurate should this rifle be, should I consider investing further in this firearm or buy someting else as accuracy is my priority of pursuit?

If you enjoyed reading about "requesting accuracy opinions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tuj
January 31, 2013, 10:59 AM
How accurate is it shooting now? What size groups at what distance? What ammo?

wert
February 5, 2013, 07:37 PM
havent fired it yet, trying to consider whether or not to sell it or set it up. Im not familiar with the brand or caliber of this rifle.

wraith56
February 16, 2013, 12:59 PM
I would be looking for a four inch group at 300 yards with a fixed rest, from any nicely finished bolt 7 or 300 magnum. A custom target competition gun should do noticeably better.

If you decided to sell what would u get next?

Sav .250
February 16, 2013, 02:01 PM
The weapon is only the vehicle, the shooter is the variable.

Deer_Freak
February 16, 2013, 09:04 PM
If I was considering competitive shooting I would go watch some matches. I can tell you right now you can't win a shooting contest with a hunting rifle. Open sights are used in almost all shooting matches other than the 1000 yard competitions. So what ever you are doing with a scope they are likely doing it with iron sights. There are tricks to hitting targets with great precision that are just a blur to the uninitiated.

If you enjoyed reading about "requesting accuracy opinions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!