Odd calibers and the shortage

PDA

notchup
January 31, 2013, 02:18 AM
Kind of funny. I have always read about buying common or military calibers because you will be able to find it anywhere. :p Now with the shortage, I see more of the less common calibers (i.e. .32 ACP or .44 special )on the shelf or available at places like CTD. Go figure. I might start giving those calibers a second look.

If you enjoyed reading about "Odd calibers and the shortage" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnKSa
January 31, 2013, 02:26 AM
Yup, just purchased half a case of 10mm ammo online for an upcoming class. ;)

mrvco
January 31, 2013, 02:34 AM
It's still a bit pricey (1.5-2x), but I am seeing decent quantities of common pistol calibers at my LGS's this week.

Fishslayer
January 31, 2013, 04:41 AM
No shortage of common/.mil calibers in my garage...:evil:

Could use some x54R though. Prices are even up for THAT stuff...:(

Queen_of_Thunder
January 31, 2013, 11:47 AM
Made my daily stop at Academy to buy my allotment(1 box) of 223/556. There sitting right out in the open were three 500 round bulk boxes of UMC 45acp and since you can purchase 1 box each in 3 calibers and I did just that. The cost of the 45acp was $200 for 500 rounds. I feel a little better now that my 45acp inventory is in better shape then it was 3 days ago. Might even take the 1911 out this weekend to the range. Wonder what awaits me at my daily visit today. BTW our LGS are limiting ammo purchases to 1 box.

Mushy
January 31, 2013, 03:00 PM
I've been thinking about .243 lately ...

If you enjoyed reading about "Odd calibers and the shortage" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!