My Job, Concert Venue Gun Policy..!

PDA

Airbrush Artist
January 31, 2013, 11:07 AM
My Job, Concert Venue Gun Policy..!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last year towards the end of Our Concert season after years of a No Gun Policy We took those signs away Toward the end of the season per Our Law Office from The city after years of Bag and Purse searches,When I was managing events after the change Firearms were allowed but only in the park Lobby but not in the actual Concert Amphi-theatre seating area, This change came as well shortly after the Aurora Theatre Shooting,This year here is the wording for Our 2013 Concert season Posted on Tickets and Our website "FIREARMS ARE PROHIBITED UNLESS PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW! I'd like to get some opinions on This specific wording from LEO or Lawyers or by THR Members to prepare My response at the gates.emphasis on the word "APPLICABLE".Thks

If you enjoyed reading about "My Job, Concert Venue Gun Policy..!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
StrawHat
January 31, 2013, 11:09 AM
Not enough information to give a good reply. What state, and specifically, city and venue?

Airbrush Artist
January 31, 2013, 11:15 AM
Kettering ,Ohio.Fraze Pavillion

Frank Ettin
January 31, 2013, 12:12 PM
...I'd like to get some opinions on This specific wording from LEO or Lawyers or by THR Members to prepare My response at the gates.emphasis on the word "APPLICABLE".ThksThat question should really be posed to the management of the venue. Apparently they are the ones who decided on the wording of and/or caused or permitted it to be posted on tickets and the venue's website.

Hopefully they consulted with legal counsel and therefore know what law is applicable and the effect of that law. In any event, management is responsible for deciding how its policies are to be implement and how questions regarding its policies are to be answered.

Airbrush Artist
January 31, 2013, 12:17 PM
Good point Frank ,This wording was Originated by Our City Law Office to Our General manager and then On To us a Event managers..needs some further clearification in My Opinion..

Airbrush Artist
January 31, 2013, 12:19 PM
If you scroll down you can see the Wording as It appears for this upcoming season.The Lobby area is fairly large where weapons are permitted the photo to the far Right but the seating area in the middle they are prohibited ..http://www.fraze.com/visiting-fraze/about-the-venue/

Frank Ettin
January 31, 2013, 12:21 PM
Then the question should still go up the management chain. If clarification is needed, your management is the proper party to provide it. We're not responsible for the operation. Certainly venue management could get justifiably miffed at us trying to run their business.

Spats McGee
January 31, 2013, 06:54 PM
In addition to what Frank pointed out about us not running anyone else's business, it's management that will have to deal with the legal fallout, should something go sideways.

Frank Ettin
January 31, 2013, 07:39 PM
Seems like a good time to close this.

If you enjoyed reading about "My Job, Concert Venue Gun Policy..!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!