Left Coast suppliers??

PDA

trixter
January 31, 2013, 12:46 PM
Why are there no suppliers of reloading 'stuff' on the west coast. Shipping is killing me. Have I missed something?

If you enjoyed reading about "Left Coast suppliers??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ken70
January 31, 2013, 03:54 PM
LGS is pretty much it. Missouri and Tennessee appear to have the majority of large mail order dealers. Must be something about the regs those states have that make it attractive.

Hondo 60
January 31, 2013, 04:55 PM
Left Coast for most people means the West Coast (Kalifornistan)
They're so anti that they make obamanation look ultra-conservative

16in50calNavalRifle
February 1, 2013, 03:12 AM
I believe RCBS is in fact located in northern CA. Not aware of any other major reloading equipment makers here.

For components, shipping should not be an issue - that is, shipping to OR should be about the same as other places, in most cases. Bullets typically go USPS Flat Rate (or should) - so if they're shipped at all, price to you is the same as to anywhere else in the lower 48. Hazmat fee on powder/primers is flat and the same for all.

Only component manufacturer in CA I know of is GoldenWest bullets - but they've been out of stock on most items almost all the time, far as I can tell, going back a long time. I believe OR and WA have several component outfits - but again, flat rate shipping should be available for most items, so no regional differences.

rsrocket1
February 1, 2013, 01:20 PM
You say your location is I-5 and 62. Are you near Methford? You couldn't be any closer to a great place. There's a Sportsman's Warehouse right on 62 next to the airport and a couple of blocks south of the Costco. Great place, no sales tax. I was going to buy my 8# jug of Unique there while on a trip to OSU last November, but the local SW had a no tax sale the weekend before.

Sadly, the local SW is virtually sold out of all powders (except American Select and Hodgdon 50 BMG), all primers (except Rio and Fiocci 209's) and all bulk projectiles. You might have better luck up there.

There is also a Cabelas in Eugene that just opened up a couple of years ago, but again, supplies may be short.

rcmodel
February 1, 2013, 01:25 PM
Huntington's is in Orville.

http://www.huntingtons.com/

rc

mdi
February 1, 2013, 01:43 PM
You're gonna get tagged with Hazmat, no matter where the shipment starts from...:cuss:

ReloaderFred
February 1, 2013, 02:28 PM
Cabela's in Eugene has been stripped bare, as well as all the other outlets like Bi-Mart, etc. I would imagine that the Sportsman's Warehouse in Medford is in the same condition.

Things are going to be hard to get for awhile, which is why I always try to predict my future needs for at least two years, which is probably as long as this dry spell is likely to last.

I received an e-mail from Top Gun Supply earlier this week stating that their suppliers were quoting two year delivery on orders placed right now. That should tell you something about the supply side of things. At the SHOT Show two weeks ago, Fiocchi Ammunition announced that they had sold all their future production for 2013 from both their U.S. and Italian plants ($134,000,000.00 worth), and were taking no new orders.

Hope this helps.

Fred

ngnrd
February 1, 2013, 03:30 PM
Try getting stuff sent to Alaska. Then we can talk about your shipping woes... A lot of vendors won't ship here at all. :banghead:

But, I just try to remember that there's always somebody worse off than me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Left Coast suppliers??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!