Another Feinstein thread

PDA

Skal098
January 31, 2013, 02:47 PM
Hey all, i was just reading on one of my other weapons forums, and a user brought up an interesting thing i had not noticed, this bill being proposed wants to ban any semi-auto, and Pistol grip is specifically mentioned, wouldn't that ban about 90-95% of all weapons in the U.S?

If you enjoyed reading about "Another Feinstein thread" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ThatGiantMidGet
January 31, 2013, 02:52 PM
That will never happen though. Did you see the recent debate?
All the republic and congressman were on our side + The supreme court.
The only thing that could happen Is a more thourough background check and close the loopholes Through Gunshows.

aka108
January 31, 2013, 03:12 PM
When you present a id to your gun dealer and the dealer calls in your information for the instant check, your name, address, DL license number, age and in most case your SS number are fed toa computer somewhere and the Ok is given to sell the firearm to you, you have been checked out as thorougly as can be within the govt data base. Now, if more through checkouts are needed that is the govts problem, not yours or the dealers. We send the govt untold amounts of money to develop and maintain data bases and for some reason they have problems doing so. The politicians also seem to want to make the public believe that all guns sold at gun show is w/o background checks. Not so. Licensed dealers at shows do the same as dealers in a brick and mortar location. You do see a few people selling their own firearms where no check is required and is not against the law, at least in most places.

DJW
January 31, 2013, 03:33 PM
The so called "loophole" is just private transactions among individuals involving their own private property. Where does the "state" get off trying to stick their nose into what we do with our own private property? Lawnmowers can be extremely dangerous........do they want to get involved in those transactions and collect a fee for that as well. Will the "state" demand a fee and record keeping if I sell you a puppy? There seems to be no end to the desire of the "state" to get involved in our lives. Just how many squares of toilet paper are you authorized to use at one sitting?

Skal098
January 31, 2013, 11:21 PM
Naa i missed the debate today, My day off and i did a whole lot o sleepin! But that is good to hear that the supreme court has their eyes open on this one. Maybe now i can stop going to work in a bad mood doing my research on this bill in the morning!

gbran
January 31, 2013, 11:43 PM
Much more on this already posted.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=700213

Sam1911
January 31, 2013, 11:53 PM
Redirect to duplicate thread.

If you enjoyed reading about "Another Feinstein thread" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!