walmart now selling rocket launchers and "military grade ammo".

PDA

Bhi curamach
February 1, 2013, 12:53 AM
Act now I guess. You know, before they are all sold out...
I had the misfortune to overhear this nonsense being spouted off at an elementary school function this evening.
I was ordered not to inject myself into this conversation so I refrained from informing several misguided parents the actual facts of what they were discussing.
The most disturbing aspect was how completely and utterly sure the speaker was of this and some other "facts".
Or maybe it was how the others in the group took it as actual truth and swore immediate action.
Mind boggling.
I was half tempted to see how far I could push it.
"Gold jewelry has been found toxic!
Quick, hand it over, I happen to be a licensed disposal expert, as a cavorted I will waive my fee because I care about your safety!"
Or some such nonsense. Feel free to make up your own as well!

If you enjoyed reading about "walmart now selling rocket launchers and "military grade ammo"." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Twiki357
February 1, 2013, 02:53 AM
And you "wonder" what's wrong with the kids coming out of schools now days?

Solo
February 1, 2013, 02:54 AM
The less people know about their subject, the firmer their opinions are. It is as if ignorance is a point of view.

BHP FAN
February 1, 2013, 03:00 AM
and still, they probably knew as much as those who author our gun laws. Dianne Finestien knows about as much about guns [or less] than my dentist. why are those least qualified allowed to be our leaders?

BP44
February 1, 2013, 03:00 AM
Although it might be a arguing with idiots moment please set these idiots straight. If you are able to stop the :barf:information:barf: that they are spouting, maby just maby the other parents will listen. I have a hard time letting a blow hard poison children's minds.

slimjimriggins
February 1, 2013, 03:29 AM
My Wal-Mart sold XM855, which I believe is military overrun that Federal sells to the public. It will certainly shoot through 3/8" mild steel. Not sure on the rocket launchers though.

Solo
February 1, 2013, 03:33 AM
My Wal-Mart sold XM855, which I believe is military overrun that Federal sells to the public. It will certainly shoot through 3/8" mild steel. Not sure on the rocket launchers though.
Found it. (http://www.walmart.com/ip/laptop-bags-cases/16817872)

Texasrpbrock
February 1, 2013, 03:53 AM
So is there a limit at Wally World on rocket launchers. Limit five per customer? I've personally never seen them but sign me up! Probably make for some great coyote hunting. I just hope I don't have to pay for a $200 tax stamp for it.

FROGO207
February 1, 2013, 05:00 AM
Your school admin. must be the same bunch that have outlawed the mini toy soldiers that could have tiny toy weapons hidden in their plastic clothing.:D

SERIOUSLY the term "educated idiots" rings true in many instances as of late sadly.

Kiln
February 1, 2013, 05:47 AM
People are extremely stupid and gullible.

My wife called me today and frantically asked if the assault weapons ban had passed. I told her no, that they hadn't even voted on it yet and she then explained to me that my brother in law was telling here that the ban had just passed.

I got him on the phone and told him to calm down and stop being so ignorant. I then explained to him that the ban was unlikely to pass given the current political climate and told him to wait a few months until the panic buyers started selling their rifles.

I predict that six months from now when all of this crap has cooled off and people have calmed down, there will be dirt cheap AR15's in every gun store.

19-3Ben
February 1, 2013, 06:16 AM
I predict that six months from now when all of this crap has cooled off and people have calmed down, there will be dirt cheap AR15's in every gun store.

I hope so. For the right price, I'd pick one up "just because."

XD 45acp
February 1, 2013, 06:47 AM
Well, it has to be true cause a Lib said so... AND did you know that they sell ammo for shooting at Monopoly Boards? The box said "GAME" on it. The Zombies will be coming soon, cause they wouldn't sell ammo marked "ZOMBIE" on it if they wasn't coming. But most of all, Winchester is the worst, as they want us to shoot at cripples because they have shotgun shells that are marked "HANDICAP".

Strange Bob
February 1, 2013, 07:15 AM
Military grade 5.56 ammo despite the higher pressures and muzzle velocities lacks the expansion properties of hunting.sporting bullets in SP and Hp (not withstanding the MK318 SOST rounds). There could be an argument put forth (if allowed) that it is less damaging to tissue on impact. I know this might be a little deep for most lib gun grabbing neophytes.

gpjoe
February 1, 2013, 07:17 AM
Well, nobody is ever going to tell me to keep out of any conversation where pure lies and fantasy are being spread. I feel like it is my duty, and the duty of every responsible gun owner to say something, to educate the uneducated. Try to stop me.

Nickel Plated
February 1, 2013, 09:19 AM
Who exactly "ordered" you not to inject yourself in the conversation? Seems like they knew very well they were spreading BS and didn't want you ruining the fun.

Sav .250
February 1, 2013, 09:27 AM
Some "issues" easily get the "town`s people" all stirred up. Just like the old Westerns.
Somebody is in front of the masses, who are carring torches, yelling, Wal-Mart is selling this or that. Lets get-um!!

Hard to believe, people can`t seem to think for themselves.

newbuckeye
February 1, 2013, 10:09 AM
My guess is his wife made the order.....

jonnyc
February 1, 2013, 10:13 AM
From the OP: "misguided parents"

Twiki, why do you blame the schools for the foolishness of some parents???

GAF
February 1, 2013, 10:36 AM
I here misinformation from both sides every day, but have never heard a pro gun person say Wal Mart is selling RPG`s.

The THR threads are replete with words from misinformed pro gun people.

tarosean
February 1, 2013, 10:43 AM
sweet... What isle are those on?

Arp32
February 1, 2013, 10:53 AM
You people need to stop buying these cheap Chinese rocket launchers at Walmart. It just makes it harder and harder for mom and pop AMERICAN rocket launcher shops to stay in business. Besides, these imported rocket launchers aren't mil-spec, and they're full of junk MIM parts and pot metal.

Buy American!

runner55
February 1, 2013, 10:58 AM
I remember attending one of these school meetings the last time we went through the 'ban everything because we're too stupid to know what we're talking about' times (1998) and, at that time it was stated, in front of all in attendance, that we had more gun shops in town than convenience stores. I extrapolated this would mean at least 117 gun shops. I have lived here for 29 years and can guarantee I know where all of the gun shops are and have used most of the FFL Holders who don't have a gun shop. Not even close to 50....total! Forget the gun shop label. These people are masters of pulling info out of their butt.

Double Vision
February 1, 2013, 11:02 AM
The less people know about their subject, the firmer their opinions are. It is as if ignorance is a point of view.

This is a brilliant quote. Thank you!

Tirod
February 1, 2013, 11:04 AM
Awesome! Walmart is selling ROCKET LAUNCHERS! Great! Wait until these people grab their torches and pitchforks, march down to the store, and demand the manager take them off the shelf!

What better way to make them prove the completely misinformed and ignorant dweebs they are? You did the right thing!

This is exactly the reason why we shouldn't address every stupid lie - ones like this don't need defending when it's patently untrue and makes those who utter them lose credibility. They have set themselves up for failure in every public meeting from now one.

All you have to do now is simply remind folks, "Hey, this is the person who was hysterical over Walmart selling rocket launchers to school kids. And you're going to believe them?"

On the other hand, a combative shouting match would have painted you the bully, overly aggressive, and a potential menace.

Pick your fight. You can't fix stupid.

Queen_of_Thunder
February 1, 2013, 11:27 AM
Is there a limit on amount of purchases.

Wonder if I can get a tank too.

Godsgunman
February 1, 2013, 11:39 AM
"Clean up on the RPG aisle, we need a clean up on the RPG aisle!" :p
Dangit Im gettin jipped by my Walmart!! They only just now started carrying BP rifles. I definitely would have set that fool straight even though I would also be "under orders" by my wife not to engage. To much stupidity and propaganda out there already to let something like that slide by when I could put a stop to it then and there. I'd deal with the consequences later from the wife.

hso
February 1, 2013, 11:49 AM
Never let the opportunity pass to dispel rumors and debunk myths.

If I hear something foolish like that I politely as possible say, "Sorry to intrude, but what you've been told is only partly correct. Lots of rumors going around and it isn't always easy to know which ones to believe....".

Gottahaveone
February 1, 2013, 12:21 PM

Well, I can't speak for the rocket launchers, but I bought this at my local wally world just yesterday. I can sure see where the "misinformation" might come from........

radiotom
February 1, 2013, 12:46 PM
This is too bad, I read the topic title and got excited....only to be disappointed...

:(

HILLBILLY-06
February 1, 2013, 12:50 PM
So is there a limit at Wally World on rocket launchers. Limit five per customer? I've personally never seen them but sign me up! Probably make for some great coyote hunting. I just hope I don't have to pay for a $200 tax stamp for it.
I just bagged a coyote this past weekend, it sure would have been far more interesting to have done so with a new "Wal Mart Rocket Launcher"
Is it shoulder fired, or vehicle mounted? LMAO....

Bhi curamach
February 1, 2013, 01:29 PM
Ha! Some funny responses here!
Yes. My spouse ordered the stand down.
There are several reasons for it. I'll share the first two.
The speaker of the 'rocket launcher' was responding to another parent well known to my wife and I.
There is some history between us.
Nothing weird, dont get excited. Just a formor friend.
This individual has recently borded the train to complete gun banville.
This person is also a massive hypocrite of the highest order and often enjoys overly dramatic, overwrought emotional outbursts.
The event we were attending was mostly for the elementry children who were numerous.
I believe its easy to draw some lines and understand why I followed spousal instructions.
It was difficult. Believe me. Diiifffiiicuuullttt!
There were several other snippets of the looney groups discussion that ranged from misinformation/misunderstanding parroted from the news to a couple of out right lies, but the stand out claim was the title of my thread.

berettaprofessor
February 1, 2013, 01:55 PM
The event we were attending was mostly for the elementry children who were numerous.
I believe its easy to draw some lines and understand why I followed spousal instructions.

Sorry buddy. I may not be itching to fire the first shot of revolution, but I couldn't have let those statements go unchallenged. And if my spouse seriously tried to control my conversation that closely, then we wouldn't be married well or long.

r1derbike
February 1, 2013, 01:57 PM
Rocket launchers? Boom! To the moon Alice! (Jackie Gleason)

Crash_Test_Dhimmi
February 1, 2013, 01:59 PM
man, my walmart sucks, im going to the wrong walmart! time to slash some AT-4 prices!

Dnaltrop
February 1, 2013, 02:01 PM
These are the sorts of people who freak out when you tell them about the dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide. (It's EVERYWHERE!! A small amount in your lungs can cause severe respiratory distress!) ;)

Educate, educate, educate. As much fun as it is to watch someone wallowing in ignorance, we need to push back on every front.

Quick Draw McGraw
February 1, 2013, 02:07 PM
And if my spouse seriously tried to control my conversation that closely, then we wouldn't be married well or long.

I'm crying foul on this. Lay off the man's wife/marriage.

Anyway, in all of this recent craziness, Walmart has been pretty good about keeping the shelves stocked and my ammo supply flowing. Gotta give 'em props, even if they don't actually have rocket launchers...

benEzra
February 1, 2013, 02:09 PM
They do, in fact, sell rocket launchers...hobby/toy ones...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Estes-Rascal-and-HiJinks-Rocket-Launch-Set/17215257

:scrutiny:

Quick Draw McGraw
February 1, 2013, 02:15 PM
They do, in fact, sell rocket launchers...hobby/toy ones...

Oooh sweet. Obviously intended for those with the hobby of BEING AWESOME!!!

Calhoun
February 1, 2013, 02:16 PM
You people need to stop buying these cheap Chinese rocket launchers at Walmart. It just makes it harder and harder for mom and pop AMERICAN rocket launcher shops to stay in business. Besides, these imported rocket launchers aren't mil-spec, and they're full of junk MIM parts and pot metal.

Buy American!

Thank you, Arp32. This is pretty much perfect.

gpjoe
February 1, 2013, 02:17 PM
While it is true that you should choose your battles wisely, I am not suggesting anyone engage in a shouting match, but rather a polite discussion, as stated so well by hso. It's one thing to act like a raving maniac but quite another to calmly point out a blatant untruth.

Reloadron
February 1, 2013, 02:24 PM
Ron White comes to mind. You can't fix stupid!

You can't sell an anti-gun agenda using the truth so they do what comes natural, they lie! Sometimes they just severely bend the truth as required. They prey upon stupid people who will believe them. I say stupid because sane sensible and yes, smart people would research what they were told before accepting it as fact or truth.

The only scary part is stupid people vote.

Ron

Elkins45
February 1, 2013, 04:21 PM
This ones a rocket launcher AND A TASER!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Estes-Taser-Rocket-Launch-Set/17215259

Godsgunman
February 1, 2013, 06:31 PM
And they're only $23 dollars and no background check, Awesome!!! :p

guntech59
February 1, 2013, 07:00 PM
Not for nothing.....5.56x45 is loaded to the same pressure specs as commercial .223. The pressure is measured differently.

mjw930
February 1, 2013, 07:04 PM
Oh man, I loved my Estes rockets when I was a kid.

I would have walked up to them, handed them a napkin with the words "I'm Stupid" written on it and said, "Here's your sign"

http://youtu.be/SFmEku_uVKc

KTXdm9
February 1, 2013, 11:13 PM
Never let the opportunity pass to dispel rumors and debunk myths.

If I hear something foolish like that I politely as possible say, "Sorry to intrude, but what you've been told is only partly correct. Lots of rumors going around and it isn't always easy to know which ones to believe....".
This. We can't let the uninformed run amok. Think of it as a public service. :)

Deaf Smith
February 1, 2013, 11:24 PM

Well they DO!

I've seen just dozens of top-secret NERF launchers hidden in the back!

And if you consider hard-up African third world countries use any ammo they can get then yes they do sell 'military grade' ammo!

But I still have not found any claymore mines yet. Maybe I'll try Sports Academy tomorrow!

Deaf

Kiln
February 2, 2013, 12:15 AM
I'm crying foul on this. Lay off the man's wife/marriage.
Exactly. Some people would rather not get drawn into a potentially loud and obnoxious yell fest with a bunch of anti's who've been watching the MSM.

I've politely corrected a few people who were spewing incorrect "facts" plenty of times but if my wife is there she wants to avoid the argument with people who we don't even know. Even if I change one guy's opinion (unlikely) in a 45 second conversation, will it really matter in the long run? Probably not because the people he's hanging out with will continue to influence his decisions. It is like when you put together an ignorance group like The Brady Campaign, they feed off of each other. Enough anti-gun people in one small room and the misinformation breeds like rabbits there.

orthophonic
February 2, 2013, 12:23 AM
I agree with the sentiment of some of the above posters. Someone who is determined to push an agenda has no regard for the truth. I have a brother in law who posted all sorts of pro Obama things on facebook which were riddled with untruths and outright slander coupled with filthy language. Now he is against gun control but will I feel free to tell him anything about what guns I own??? I think not!

Bhi curamach
February 2, 2013, 02:27 AM
Ah, well if you leave out the lines right above those you quoted then I do appear the fool.
Trust me. It was better to leave the group this person had accosted with their propaganda alone than interrupt and enjoy an evening explaining to local LEO exactly how an elementary school after hours function became the site of an unhinged freak out.
Party of one...
Not me by the way.
Still, again, it was difficult to comply.
My wife had to damnable near forcibly remove me.
I understand your posistion though.
In fact I wish you had been there for a quick tag in...

Uh, where's my quote? I wrote this in response to berettaproffesssor.
No insult here sir. Just further clarifying my position.

Siiigh, I really hate auto correct spelling.
Should be damn. Not damnable. And some others...use your judgement.

Queen_of_Thunder
February 2, 2013, 02:38 AM
Do ya think walmart will price match on rocket launchers.

Apachedriver
February 2, 2013, 03:01 AM
If I had constraints due to mixed company(adult idiots and children), I'd have joined the conversation and tried to steer it towards starting a petition on the WH website aimed at banning the sale of RPG's and rocket launchers in WalMart. I mean that is so irresponsible of them to do just to make a buck.

While we're at it, start a petition to force a ban on the sale of napalm at Sears and Tractor Supply Company.

soonerboomer
February 2, 2013, 05:35 AM

Genius from Solo!

ball3006
February 2, 2013, 11:10 AM
My local Walmart is sold out of them.........chris3

sawdeanz
February 2, 2013, 11:16 AM
Do you have to be 21 to purchase rockets though?

FJRBob
February 2, 2013, 11:20 AM
Is the rest of the world Laughing at how stupid this country has become? letting the people we elect treat us like idiots!

If you enjoyed reading about "walmart now selling rocket launchers and "military grade ammo"." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!