Help me pick out a quality, re-zeroing QD scope base.

PDA

Orion8472
February 1, 2013, 11:12 AM
I'm looking to find a good quality quick detach scope base that will keep zero [when taking it off and putting it back on, of course], yet won't break the bank. It will be for a scope with 1" tube, and needs to be an offset style.

Thanks for your input. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Help me pick out a quality, re-zeroing QD scope base." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Grumulkin
February 1, 2013, 11:37 PM
You don't mention what gun or cartridge. I'm not sure what you mean by "offset" style.

I use Warne QD mounts with cartridges up to 300 Winchester Magnum and removing and reattaching the scope doesn't affect the zero. If you were into something like a 458 Lott, then I wouldn't use Warne QD mounts.

Orion8472
February 2, 2013, 11:31 AM
Sorry! Yeah, that would be valuable information.

AR-15. Offset = cantilever

PaperPlateTargets
February 9, 2013, 12:59 PM
Weaver makes their SPR mount (thumb knobs) and Burris has their P.E.P.R mount, both are less expensive than your LaRue or American Defense.

redneck2
February 10, 2013, 08:19 AM
I've got a Deadnutz on one of my AR. Built about as well as a mount can be made.

Orion8472
February 11, 2013, 12:44 PM
Thanks guys. I went with the P.E.P.R.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help me pick out a quality, re-zeroing QD scope base." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!