FTF ar15

PDA

csa77
February 1, 2013, 01:28 PM
I recently installed a new barrel on my AR, the barrel has the m4 extension but the upper does not. I read online this should not be an issue. I am getting FTF's with 3 different brands of magazines, generally it will feed one round but the following round ends up pushed in a way that leaves the base sitting lower then it should and so the bolt ends up just sliding over the top.

this hasn't been fired yet just testing it by using the bolt release. the barrel nut was tightened to 30ft/lbs and it didnt line up with the gas tube hole so I gave it just enough more(seemed like alot more) till it lined up.

If you enjoyed reading about "FTF ar15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
February 1, 2013, 01:33 PM
See this:
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=193

rc

csa77
February 1, 2013, 08:45 PM
well I read the link and alot of other info from other sites, its gotta be magazine related. I noticed if I push the mags in and hold them pushing up they do cycle, though its nowhere near as smooth as the standard rifle feed ramps - I think the older ramps cycle smoother since the ramp angle isn't as steep.

Ill try the pmags I ordered in December once I get them (midway pushed the shipping date back 3 times on me so far) and see how they feed.

ApacheCoTodd
February 2, 2013, 12:41 PM
For my part, whether addressing the feed extensions in the receiver or not (I would though not strictly always necessary), I'd be polishing those barrel extension ramps.

If you enjoyed reading about "FTF ar15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!