What we need: National Holster Day

PDA

vito
February 1, 2013, 04:02 PM
Millions of us own guns and support our rights to do so. Far fewer carry a gun and because guns are generally concealed the non-gun public has no idea how widespread gun support is. A "National Holster Day" where millions wear a visible holster would go a long way toward showing average folks how many of us think this is important.

If you enjoyed reading about "What we need: National Holster Day" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
avs11054
February 1, 2013, 04:23 PM
I like it...maybe July 3rd as a precursor to July 4?

bobmcd
February 1, 2013, 04:26 PM
April 19? (Lexington/Concord)

And maybe wear hearing protection, since with empty holsters, the shot will not be heard around the world. :D

Akita1
February 1, 2013, 04:27 PM
Love it

hso
February 1, 2013, 04:38 PM
Wouldn't the Feb 8 date be the time to do this?

Rail Driver
February 1, 2013, 04:55 PM
Wouldn't the Feb 8 date be the time to do this?
I think EVERY day should be a day to do this. I've taken to wearing an empty holster on my offside (concealed carry on my strongside) most places I go. It gets a good bit of attention, and it's been the icebreaker for a LOT of conversations with fence sitters.

Bobson
February 1, 2013, 05:18 PM
I first heard about this from Students for Concealed Carry (http://concealedcampus.org/). I thought it was a great idea then, and still do. They organize empty holster protests every now and then. Looks like another one planned for April this year. It ought to be a policy to wear an empty holster everywhere guns are banned.

hso
February 2, 2013, 01:20 PM
I think an empty holster day is a great idea. It should be a bigger event than the state capitol day that just happened if we want to have an impact.

If you enjoyed reading about "What we need: National Holster Day" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!