Wasn't planning on it....but a G30SF fell into my lap today.

PDA

BrainOnSigs
February 1, 2013, 05:17 PM
Well heck....for a guy who swore he wouldn't own a Glock five years ago....this is number 6.

http://brainonsigs.smugmug.com/Other/Things-that-go-BANG/i-tvHvk2w/0/O/Glock-30SF-courtesy-glocktalk.com_.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Wasn't planning on it....but a G30SF fell into my lap today." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Armedleprechaun
February 1, 2013, 05:25 PM
I know how that goes. Congrats!

BrainOnSigs
February 2, 2013, 02:51 AM
Thanks!
Going to hit the range with my Springfield XDm .45 (3.8") and this new G30SF and see how they stack-up against each other.

GLOOB
February 2, 2013, 04:06 AM
I predict you will like it.

My G21 never lets me down. It's the most reliable and consistently accurate handgun I own. The only 2 jams were one defective factory UMC round with a folded over case mouth, and one reload with excessive flare before I started using a taper crimp.

Beer bottles out to 75 yards are a challenge, but they go down with regularity. I can't do as well with my MkIII Target. None of my other semiautos really compare. The only gun I have that might best it is a 6" 686 with a hair trigger. And that is on a good day. My G21 only has good days! No matter the ammo, no matter how long since I've shot it, it always makes me look good.

NYGlock
February 2, 2013, 03:27 PM
The 30SF is probably my favorite glock

p2000sk
February 2, 2013, 03:46 PM
I had a Glock model 30 just like that. Ended up giving it for Christmas to someone who needed it more than I did. Really liked the trigger, it's feel during use seemed perfect to me.
I suffer from "gifters remorse".
Enjoy!

REPOMAN
February 4, 2013, 11:30 AM
Don't even worry about taking that to the range... You won't like it, Trust me.... Throw it my way so it'll fall in my lap.....:evil: LOL

scaatylobo
February 4, 2013, 03:32 PM
And just posted that it went to Robar for a bit more frame work.

Smaller hands AND age related grip problem made it clear that I either trade it for a Gen 4 [ could not find one ] or send it in.

Called Robar and it was on the "Brown truck" that same day.

Hope you are happy with the grip,I also just picked up a XDs and love it muchly.

I own 6 Glocks and now the XDs is my CCW.

CoRoMo
February 4, 2013, 03:35 PM
Just 'fell into your lap' eh?

:scrutiny:

Care to point me toward the chair you were sitting in? I would like a turn!!

:D

Teachu2
February 4, 2013, 03:49 PM
The first Glock I shot well was a G30. I'd tried the 17, 19, and 21, all with poor results. The 30 was good enough to replace my 1911s as primary carry, so I bought one. That got me exploring why I couldn't shoot the others well, which led me to a G34, a 21, a 26, a 35, and soon a 17L and another 21....

PabloJ
February 4, 2013, 03:57 PM
The G30 is among the best CCWs. The G21 magazines which could be used as reloads are now made of Un-obtainium.

easyg
February 4, 2013, 04:03 PM
Going to hit the range with my Springfield XDm .45 (3.8") and this new G30SF and see how they stack-up against each other.
Great! And share your insights with us here.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wasn't planning on it....but a G30SF fell into my lap today." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!