Looking for an old 58cal.

PDA

The Don
February 1, 2013, 08:05 PM
I am looking for a old 58 caliber muzzleloader to replace the bits and pieces of a rifle I have left. I am looking for a Numrich Arms Hopkins and Allen 58 Caliber under hammer. I had one that was my grandpas and I lent it out and the guy I lent it to must have over charged the H**L out of it! I got it back with a shattered forearm, Blown out nipple, broken hammer spring and a cracked stock. The guy claimed that he loaded it like with the loads I gave him and shot at a deer and thatís what happened. To which I replied BS now I had pushed her to 150 grains without any issue but I provided the normal load of 100 grains for him. Well needless to say I donít lend guns out anymore. Sorry for the rant. Any idea where to get one? Would even be interested in a different make or model that is the same caliber and design. Thanks for any help.

Don

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for an old 58cal." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
EljaySL
February 2, 2013, 12:01 AM
Wow, I didn't know they made those in .58. You see them on gunbroker sometimes but I've only seen .36 and .45.

BHP FAN
February 2, 2013, 05:16 AM
I have one, but I'm lot letting go of it. My dad left it to me. He'd put a brass scope on it that's looong, from Dixie, but I didn't like the mounts, and had Malcolm mounts put on it By Grundman's... makes a great ''Civil War'' Sniper!

Olmontanaboy
February 3, 2013, 10:28 AM
the guy I lent it to must have over charged the H**L out of it! I got it back with a shattered forearm, Blown out nipple, broken hammer spring and a cracked stock.
Sounds like he may have used smokeless in it.

IROCZ
February 4, 2013, 12:53 AM
Sorry to hear about your heirloom. He could have fired her with a barrel full of snow or mud. Dang.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for an old 58cal." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!