Large Rifle MAGNUM primers....

PDA

Archangel14
February 1, 2013, 08:02 PM
Fellow Firearm enthusiasts:

Just obtained some CCI large rifle MAGNUM primers. Is it safe to use such primers in 8mm mauser (8x57) cartridges loaded with a 150 grain copper jacketed bullet?

And I don't want anyone yelling at me or telling me to look at the manual! Just inquiring. Thank you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Large Rifle MAGNUM primers...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
February 1, 2013, 08:23 PM
Yes, it is unnecessary.

Yes, it is safe.

Start at the Starting load and work up, as always!

rc

Archangel14
February 1, 2013, 08:51 PM
rcmodel....thanks man!! I traded a friend some large pistol primers for his explicit promise of large rifle primers. The guy showed up with magnums. What is this world coming to!!!

JLDickmon
February 2, 2013, 09:55 AM
Yes, it is unnecessary.

Yes, it is safe.

Start at the Starting load and work up, as always!

rc
I would have said that..

Arkansas Paul
February 2, 2013, 10:28 AM
I have used them many times when regular LR primers were not in stock. I don't usually shoot max loads anyway, so no worries. Like rc said, just start low and work up, which is how it's supposed to go anyway.

If you enjoyed reading about "Large Rifle MAGNUM primers...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!