Dragunov\Simonov (Russian) Chevron Reticule

PDA

Razvedka
February 2, 2013, 02:56 AM
I've been pouring through any high quality manufacturers of this style of reticle- in particular those calibrated for western ammunition types (like 5.56, and .308). So far I've only found stuff from IOR Valdada... But it seems like they stopped their Dragunov style reticle a few years back.

So a few questions:

1. Is there any place I can find these style IOR valdada Dragunov optics?

2. Is there any other high quality maker (not POSP\PSO) of this style of optic?

If you enjoyed reading about "Dragunov\Simonov (Russian) Chevron Reticule" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Aaron1100us
February 2, 2013, 07:48 AM
The only thing I know of are the POSP and PSO.

Pretty cool reticle.

My PSO-1M2

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/02/8ase8utu.jpg

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Razvedka
February 2, 2013, 01:20 PM
I know that IOR Valdada used to make some, but discontinued them do the "mixed history" behind the reticule.

primalmu
February 2, 2013, 01:30 PM
Have you tried Kalinkaoptics.com?

Sam Cade
February 2, 2013, 02:04 PM
I know that IOR Valdada used to make some, but discontinued them do the "mixed history" behind the reticule.

I'd like to hear more.

Razvedka
February 2, 2013, 02:58 PM
IOR Valdada's M1 and M2 scopes have a ton of reticules available to them. Back before 2007 (roughly?) they also included the Dragunov style reticule on their scopes and from what I understand had them calibrated to operate with .308\.223 for western markets.

They're pretty rare now though.

They're of superior quality to anything you can get in the PSO or POSP line. Allegedly, DSARMS still has these type of scopes with the Drag reticule for sale.

http://www.dsarms.com/4X24-M1-IOR_Valdada-Tactical-Rifle-Scope-308-Caliber----VT46M1308CQB/productinfo/VT46M1308CQB/

I think most likely this is just an old page and they have yet to update it in the past few years.

@Primal,

Yea, I've tried them. But they just sell POSP and VMAZ scopes and I'm dubious of their quality. PSO is generally recognized to be of a higher grade, but they don't make anything that doesn't work with AK-style mounts. So western weapons obviously cannot work with them.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dragunov\Simonov (Russian) Chevron Reticule" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!