THE Gun!!!

PDA

Hokkmike
February 2, 2013, 01:23 PM
The Gun, AKA Every-man's Gun. The result of a challenge, a contest by a world leader. The most ubiquitous and profoundly impactful weapon on society, both yesterday and today.

Fond this book, The Gun, by C.J. Chivers at Books A Million last night for $16.96. Better than two or three magazines for the price.

The topic is the world's most prolific and game changing firearm!

And of course, The Gun is the AK-47.....

If you enjoyed reading about "THE Gun!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GoWolfpack
February 2, 2013, 01:38 PM
Extremely informative and fact-filled book. I'm not done with it yet, but he only lets one slip of anti show up when he talks about the NFA. Other than that, just the facts, just the way I like it.

Sam1911
February 2, 2013, 01:52 PM
A really good book. He did a great interview on NPR way back when the book came out.

He made a very clear point that he was not discussing gun rights in the USA in this book, and that he was not covering semi-auto AK clones as are found for sale to US citizens.

Ingsoc75
February 2, 2013, 02:07 PM
I follow him on his blog (http://cjchivers.com/). He has some interesting posts. The most recent ones talk about the weapons being used in Syria right now.

If you enjoyed reading about "THE Gun!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!