Have you written or called your Reps:

PDA

colorado_handgunner
February 2, 2013, 05:08 PM
Simple poll: Have you written or called your Reps.

If you enjoyed reading about "Have you written or called your Reps:" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Cast of One
February 2, 2013, 06:18 PM
I've written letters and emails to the national officials and emails to the state. I've also emailed to everyone using the tool on Ruger's website. I've gotten a few responses and now know where some of them side on the issue.

Billll
February 2, 2013, 06:49 PM
Written to all of them. Multiple times.

horsemen61
February 2, 2013, 06:50 PM
yes I have done these things.

Doc7
February 2, 2013, 06:55 PM
Wrote them all emails several times (via NRA and Ruger advocacy page) and wrote 14 handwritten letters on yellow legal paper.

Bianchi?
February 2, 2013, 07:39 PM
I have been emailing them 1-2 times a week. I need to start adding phone calls to that.

BHP FAN
February 2, 2013, 07:59 PM
yes. with the NRA and Ruger's help.

Yo Mama
February 2, 2013, 08:13 PM
I wrote and called everyone. I have some time on my hands :)

-v-
February 2, 2013, 08:34 PM
House and Senate. Seeing as the state senate has a bill to defy any potential AWB and arrest any federal agents trying to enforce it, I feel relatively at-ease with the state situation, plus personally knowing my local state reps, I'd say there's Zero and -1 chance of them ever proposing any anti-gun legislation. Heck, I initially met the guys at my local gun shop and tend to bump into them there with regularity.

tyeo098
February 2, 2013, 08:36 PM
Went to Richmond to personally bug my state critters.
Carried the whole time.

rjrivero
February 2, 2013, 08:42 PM
I'm writing everyone every week. I even wrote some of the senators that don't represent my district/state.

sean326
February 2, 2013, 08:52 PM
Wrote to senators and congressman, looks like my congress guy is against any ban one senator (casey) said he supported banning everything. Toomey i'm not sure his position is cryptic. One state rep of mine prints her campaign literature on targets, the other one is a total gun guy.
PA has a very strong pro gun state constitution.

colorado_handgunner
February 5, 2013, 11:02 PM
Bump. Polls are fun!
:)

klcmschlesinger
February 5, 2013, 11:06 PM
I write at least once a week. Sometimes several times a week, depending on what stupid thing they are supporting this time.

vulcandeathbuny
February 6, 2013, 07:36 AM
Wrote all my state reps several times, as far as progress Mississippi has a bill up for vote to block any unconstitutional act by the federal government. So writing helps. And y'all pray bill 625 passes

mcdonl
February 6, 2013, 08:04 AM
Yes written, called and met with them.

blahpony
February 6, 2013, 09:00 AM
All of them. Various internet sites make it so easy there's no excuse not to.

Bartholomew Roberts
February 6, 2013, 09:04 AM
Already familiar with my State legislators and I didn't even bother them since no serious anti-gun legislation is threatening at this time. Contacted all my national elected officials even though I had a good idea how all of them would respond. The President apparently continues to disagree with me; but my Senators and Representatives have all made good pro-Second Amendment statements and I believe they will take the NRA's positions on the upcoming bills.

longknife12
February 6, 2013, 09:20 AM
Have written all of them......my districts have been taken over by blues!
Dan
:eek::eek:

RainDodger
February 6, 2013, 10:02 AM
I'm just curious - why a poll on something like this? For what?

Fishbed77
February 6, 2013, 11:14 AM
I'm just curious - why a poll on something like this? For what?

To encourage those who have yet to contact their elected officials.

Ranger Roberts
February 6, 2013, 11:50 AM
I have written to all of them multiple times starting in late December. To date I have received 1 response and it is from a representative that I have had conversation's with several times over the years and who always stops by our complex on his re-election route. It's sad that most of them will not take the time to write back to their constituents.

ol' scratch
February 6, 2013, 02:32 PM
I have written to all of them. I was about to send another blitz out this week.

2zulu1
February 6, 2013, 02:57 PM
Yes, and have heard back from House rep, one Senator (not John McCain), and Governor.

If you enjoyed reading about "Have you written or called your Reps:" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!