Best Glock Sights

PDA

bbooker
February 2, 2013, 10:03 PM
I know this has probably been asked about a hundred times by now, but what is a good aftermarket sight to put on a Glock. I have looked at 10-8 Performance, but they rust. I also am looking at the new EMS Claw sights once they become available later this month. Any suggestions? As always, thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Best Glock Sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Takem406
February 2, 2013, 10:28 PM
Maybe the better question is what sights do your eyes pick up the best?

In God and Glock we Trust

rbernie
February 2, 2013, 10:32 PM
Heine.

rcmodel
February 2, 2013, 10:33 PM
but they rust.Nothing rusts if you take care of it as you should.

Myself, if you can find better sights then Meprolite or Trijicon night sights?

I'd like to know what they are.

rc

dirtengineer
February 2, 2013, 10:59 PM
Tru-Glo TFO.

jfrey
February 2, 2013, 11:10 PM
Dawson Precision
They work great on my G19

ku4hx
February 3, 2013, 03:36 AM
I don't think most people want to attach a set of sights that they need to clean & lube after every carry, ...
I started shooting in 1959 with a .22 single shot rifle. Up until 1991 when I bought my first Glock, most (if not all) of my guns had at least one sight that was all or partially steel. That included rifles, pistols and revolvers. In fact, a common term to describe them was/is "iron" sights.

Have we become so lazy we don't even give our guns a final wipe down with an "oily" rag that includes the sights? I'd hate to think that's a reality among modern, "wonder" gun shooters ... it certainly isn't among seasoned shooters like myself.

Now days the trend is toward stainless steel, plastic and high grade coatings on Aluminum and other metals perhaps. But the ruggedness of steel far outweighs its propensity for rust. I don't find it taxing in any manner to wipe down my guns that still have their factory installed "iron" sights. In fact I find it a pleasure to treat them well.

pikid89
February 3, 2013, 03:42 AM
Fwiw, glock brand night sights ARE mepros

Armedleprechaun
February 3, 2013, 06:11 AM
I like sevigny carry sights. http://www.skdtac.com/Warren-Tactical-Sight-Sevigny-Carry-Tritium-2-p/wrt.201.htm

Soldiernurse
February 3, 2013, 10:35 AM
@rbernie; I hate the Heine sites on my Taurus PT140 MilPro. The guns a keeper but sooner or later gonna R&R the 8.

@OP; On my G4 G19 I have TruGlo TFO sites. Wish all my S/A's had these sites. My EMP9 does have the factory fixed combat sites w/tritium inserts, which are about as good as the TFOs. BTW, no 1 or 2 dot... for me <- of course, the green TruGlo. :)

Sgt_R
February 3, 2013, 10:39 AM
I like sevigny carry sights. http://www.skdtac.com/Warren-Tactical-Sight-Sevigny-Carry-Tritium-2-p/wrt.201.htm

I have these on a G17. Great sight picture.

R

Sapper771
February 3, 2013, 10:40 AM
I prefer the Warren Tactical pistol sights.

Inebriated
February 3, 2013, 10:43 AM
Well, "best" is pretty subjective, when it comes to sights. What works for my eyes may not work for yours. But the "best" sights in MY opinion, are 10-8 Performance sights. I've got a black .156" rear, and a fiber optic .100" front. They also make a .125 brass bead front, and .125 tritium front. I highly recommend them. Steel, good hook on the rear, good price, and I can get a very fast, very accurate sight picture with them. All my Glocks have been converted, or are being converted, to 10-8.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/Name890/10-8performance156r100f.jpg

Soldiernurse
February 3, 2013, 10:46 AM
I don't think most people want to attach a set of sights that they need to clean & lube after every carry, to their pistol! I've seen some very expensive, American produced after-market night sights, from very well regarded manufacturers, develop rust in just two days time. If they can't produce a sight free of such worry, they are not getting any of my money.

Depending on the ops needs, the best bet would be Glock's own night sights, which will never rust.
LOL, I know you ain't including the TruGlo TFOs cause mine simply don't rust. Yea, I F/S CLP after every visit to the range but only wipe the sites w/clean dry cloth.

ROFLMAO... after 2 days, seriously :rolleyes:

gulogulo1970
February 3, 2013, 11:07 AM
Meprolite, I've put those on all of my Glocks and haven't had a problem, love them.

Japle
February 3, 2013, 11:43 AM
TruGlo TFOs are the way to go. You can always see them, night or day, bright light or flat dark.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/Japle/Guns/G19.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Best Glock Sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!