PDA

Bugman53
February 3, 2013, 01:44 AM
Hi i notice that when i am searching for something in google and it brings up the lite version of the page and says join to see full version there is no way to login with out leaving the page and going back to the site and login and then going back to the page you were looking for.

can you add a login for the members that are not signed in and get directed from a search engine.

If you enjoyed reading about "log in from google?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bigfatdave
February 3, 2013, 08:48 AM
Does this happen with really old pages, that show up as the archive version?

Bugman53
March 24, 2013, 07:08 PM
It happens with all pages from goggle. If you not already logged in it will bring up the version with no colors and pictures just text and the only link is to register, I'm already a member i don't need to register i just want to see the full version. Then i haft to open another tab, open google search for THE, bring up THR homepage login and then go back to the other tab and refresh the page to get the full version. Just add a link to login would be all it would take.

Derek Zeanah
March 25, 2013, 10:20 AM
The problem you're seeing is the vBulletin Archive. It's simpler to display, takes less bandwidth, and Google can index it easier than the normal pages here. When you search Google, you'll see the archive.

I guess you're looking for something like a "show full version" option that will take you out of the archive?

Edited to add: here's what I see:

http://www.thehighroad.org/picture.php?albumid=24&pictureid=93

Click that blue link and you see the full version. Of course, I'm logged in because I check the "remember me" box when I log in so maybe that's the difference?

If you enjoyed reading about "log in from google?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!